This old house - cirica 1920

This came with the house - might be worth about $10k restored - hopefully, I can sell it for $2-3k as-is

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/crxgator/Foyer01.jpg

Living Room - will have wood floors as seen in the pics

Dining Room

As you can it has tin ceilings - pain in the ass to paint

Kitchen

Stairs

Bedroom 1 - Left side

I like the molding and this leads to the attic - kind of stupid place to put it/closet

Bedroom 2 - Right side

“Bedroom” 3 - Right rear

Bathroom

Day 1

Ripped down drop ceiling and ripped out carpet of Bedroom 2

Painted living room 1st coat of Tan

Primered Dining room Audi Dolphin Grey

Dining room got 1st and 2nd coat today. It will get the touch-ups in a few. Stupid ass tape ripped off some paint.

Framing done in both upstairs bedrooms. 1st bedroom got a ceil fan junction. 2nd bd will get a globe and new box.

on that ceiling framing you have right there, make sure to put cross member supports on them. Those 2x4’s with no cross supports are still weak.

if their isnt another floor that you will be on, ontop of that, I wouldnt really worry about it. But if it is a room above that you will be using, I recommend cross support.

thanks for the tip. There is nothing above it other than the attic. Personally, I wanted to rip out the ceiling and start from scratch but we are on a budget and time constraint at the moment. Maybe in a few years if we are still here.

Subsribed, glad to see another member working on a house.

I’ll make a thread for my garage project soon.

looks great!

Congrats on your first house bro! Looks like you are making great progress already, m00r pics of the gf :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats! Have fun with the place!

What are the plans for the garage? Car storage or workshop?

Car storage - That will be a future project, I want to put in better electrical and put recessed lights in the lower walls too, that way you can shine them on the side of your car when you are working on it.

Yep, I’m doing that with mine.

Don’t forget a DIY workbench too.

I had a link in the automotive heaven thread.

Nice little project you got ahead of you. Good luck

looks like itll be a fun little project, lemme know if ya want a pool to take up some space in the back yard :wink:

I bet that place is haunted. :lol:

looks really good buddy

Day 3

Layed the floor down for now.

Widened the doorway for here - Also picked up the new door and frame

Going into this same room - Ripped off Drop ceiling - Sorry no pics of before.

and thanks for the compliments guys.

can we make a thread about your gf next? hahaha shes cute bro! nice work! wife that soon.

I need to get off my ass and buy a house SRSLY