One for the Ford guys!

I went to look at a '71 Duster up there. It was a big block 383 with a street cam and headers, 727 trans, and 8 3/4 rearend.
Problem was, I forgot my magnet! (my own dumbass fault).
But after all, in his description of the car he stated “I can find no evidence of any bodyfiller or patches anywhere.”

The car looked VERY nice. Ran Nice. Steering was a lil’ funky but that can be fixed. I decided to purchase it.

The car had 2:73 gears in it. Dr. Homo told me that he could get them changed to 3:91’s for me for about $300. Sounded pretty good to me. I gave him my dough. FOUR WEEKS LATER the car was ready for me. It was like the week before Thanksgiving, and snowing like a bastard the day I drove it home. So, of course I took it real easy the whole way. Put it right in the garage and waited for Spring.

When the weather broke, I took her out for my first real drive. Found a nice straight stretch of road and ran her through the gears. Only problem was, there was no second gear??? WTF happened to second gear??? The faggot that changed out the gears also changed out the trans and installed a fucked-up one in place of the good one originally in the car. Dr. Homo told me that there was NO WAY that could have happened and it was just my bad luck that the trans went bad. (In other words - I got your money, Fuck You).

As I proceded to mod the car, I also found out that there was a ton of bondo in it. It was very well done and hard to tell with the naked eye, but my magnet would not stick until it was almost up to the top of the rear quarters and nowhere along either rocker panel.

I ended up replacing the trans, driving it for the summer, and then sold it (at a loss) to a guy (sight unseen) out in Arizona.

Pics of Duster:

My kids are still pissed at me for selling it, they both loved riding in it. :frowning: