One for the Ford guys!

waaaaatch it!

shut it

race? :smiley:

Stay away from that dealer unless you, yourself, personally inspects the car and drives it. “Dr. Dave”, as he is known up here, Has screwed over many including a soldier in Iraq who thought he was buying his dream car. He came home to a barely running bondo buggy.

GTP…haha…fuck that car…just a decent DD for me that is somewhat quick. N/A power>FI power…fact is ford has a hard time building N/A motors that run strong…so they slap on a S/C.

Hey, whatever works, right? I think 400+ HP out of a 281 CI is pretty respectable. 500+ out of a 330 CI? Definitely working for them.

Don’t forget the 96-98, 99, 01 Cobra Motors, and 03/04 Mach Motors. All aluminum 4.6L 32V 320 HP. Ford could build a good N/A Engine if they needed to. (And the 5.0L Cammer that Ford makes as a crate… 420 HP N/A!)

look up the most powerful muscle car motor and let me know what it is?

ford has no problem with NA power and chose a better route in FI.

FI>NA

If ford builds these great N/A motor why does the LS1 hand every 99-02 GT & Cobras their ass

race my ford :slight_smile:

OK

ok

the s351s were pretty bad @ss

Because Ford doesn’t jam the same motor in every car they make?

Just give it a few years.

GM is still producing dinosaur motors with pushrods. There will come a day when they cannot meet the requirements for emissions and such and will have to go a different direction. Ford saw this and made the switch 15 years ago and has a big head start. Just like the camaro, the new GM motors will be too little way too late.

:smiley:

I’ll have to disagree with you.

The type of valvetrain really does not have much effect on the emissions. It has more to do with cylinder design & cylinder head design. The electronics will do the job of making an engine emissions compliant.

Pushrod motors will be around for a long time. Not that I am siding with GM on this, either.

Boy! Oh Boy! Have you got that right. He gave me a screwing I’ll never forget. (partially my fault as well) I almost didn’t want to post this because I didn’t want to give that faggot any advertising, but it was an awsome ride, so I posted it.

So what’s this dude’s deal? He seemed cool when my parents and I went there to look at cars about 4 years ago…

the customers want pushrod engines. look how easy it is to do a head/cam swap on an ls1. plus, the power curve is badass, so why fix what isnt broke?

That’s fine for GM. I am glad ford made the switch to the new mod motors. Smaller CI, better mpg, and a lot more power.

And changing cams in a mod motor doesn’t look to hard, just take the valve covers off and there they are. :smiley:

The small block GM motor is a great motor and probably will be for a few more years. But like everything, this will change.

I think 77 is right. Pushrods aren’t exactly new technology. Maybe not soon, but they will change some day.