One for the Ford guys!

I guess if you put it that way, then I am wrong, but i agree with Smokey burnouts post below. Zack01GC went right for the jugular with the girlfriend remark - kinda shows his inexperience in the subject (although after reading it again, Sam kinda prompted him to make the remark).

Mustang may have marginally better build quality, but it ain’t no Mercedes Benz. The '04-'06 GTO was better than both the Fbody & the mustang, but evidently nobody understood the car’s intent. It didn’t have an aggressive look (I actually think it is a sweet looking car & the interior is better than any mustang or fbody, period).

see your quote from earlier in this thread:

I think your statements about pushrod motors not being around because of poor emissions said it. We can agree to disagree on the pushrods vs. overhead cams. As a matter of fact, I did mention that I actually like the Ford Mod motors & think they are a great design, but performance wise I have to give the nod to LSx motors. There are many (probably hundreds considering how many builders there are out there) of them making 800+hp on pump gas, in full street trim. How many mod motors are doing this? You can probably count them on one hand.

This debate (Mustang vs. Camaro) can go on forever. It has for about 40 years & will continue until the end of time.

A childish question calls for a childish answer.

And besides, just because I don’t have a fast car doesn’t mean I don’t know anything. I know more about cars than 90% of friends and people I know. It was a childish thing to bring up if you compare it to something like, say… I’m not African American, so I must not know hip-hop music. Or I don’t belong to a country club, so I must not know how to golf. Something to that effect.

I’m done with that, back to the cars. I think we can agree to disagree on the whole subject. Like I said in my last post, it’s mostly personal preference. Some like F-Bods, some like Stangs, and for different reasons.

Well if this must be brought up, first thing to my mind is SVT. There are dozens of 03/04 Cobras, and quickly approaching are the GT500’s with 700-750+ very streetable horsepower. I’m talking 700 HP without opening the engine as it came from the factory.

my quote on HP is HP was just that. It really does not matter how the HP is made, as long as it is there.

And big CI pushrod motors, I think, are going to have a harder time with emissions in the future. Who knows how strict they will be.

the mustang vs camaro debate is great. :bigthumb: I was raised around fords, so I like the mustang.

There are quite a few mod motors making big power just as there are a lot of lsx motors making big power.