Ongoing Streetfighter Project

As some of you may recall. I crashed my beginner bike earlier this summer. I’m Putting up pics of the bike before and after the accident…and the current progress.

Its not done yet but so far I have:
Replaced the front axle, right perch riser, left handlebar, and ignition/on&off switch.
Put on new headlight…dumb cheap shit came with 25W bulbs!!:ahh It was like I was riding with a fuckin nightlight so I went out and bout better bulbs that needed custom fitting. But now work :excited
I also bought a Trailtech Vapor Digital Gauge. I’m about 90% done wiring it in. Should be complete by the weekend.

Once I had all the mechanical stuff done I ended up painting the red rims a gunmetal silver. I decided to leave a strip of red along the edge. I like it.

Oh yea I also did a custom tail reduction haha. I cut the mudflap quite a bit smalled and added some smoked out LED taillights…One of the original pics from when i bought the bike shows the way the back used to be. I also put a light smoke coating on the taillight too.:ninja

I’m returning to potsdam,ny for college on saturday so ive been in a real rush to finish the bike so i can bring it with me. If i had more time I think I work into taking off all the graphics. Then Id prolly paint the whole thing matte black. But for now this will have to do. :ninja

Tell me what you think!!:thumbup

more pics

a few more…sorry about the quality, I took the pics with my phone:retardclap

Hopefully you can finish up the wiring, I’ll be gone most of the weekend. If you have any questions call me.

alright I should be all set…thanks

Let me know if you get the rpms working properly on the vapor, I can’t get mine to work right at all. On mine it pretty much reads around 16k all the time except when idling.
Why not a normal headlight? Those acerbis… things are hideous.

yea…my rpms work fine…howd you set it up?

and I want a single beam headlight but i ended up getting that one bc I want some soft of windscreen…but in reality that whole headlight is a lot smaller than I thought and is complete shit…idk im gonna run it while then see if i want to change it

Red wire with a black stripe wrapped around the plug wire, black wire with red stripe running to ground bolt on the engine case. I tried plugging both wires into the coil connectors, I tried switching them, I tried running one of them to the connector on the coil and another to ground - nothing worked any better. The settings on vapor are stock, they seem to be correct so I haven’t tried changing them.

and I want a single beam headlight but i ended up getting that one bc I want some soft of windscreen…but in reality that whole headlight is a lot smaller than I thought and is complete shit…idk im gonna run it while then see if i want to change it
I mounted a 7" on mine and then cut the stock screen to fit over it and attached it to the headlight brackets, works and looks pretty nice, there is a pic in “what you got” thread. You could try it that way if you still have the stock screen.

I wrapped the red wire around the plug wire right by the coil and put the the black wire in the coupler for negative end of the coil, works great!

screen is smashed too pieces :Idiots It is what it is…im not putting anymore money is this bike, i dont really care what it looks like. Its my learner bike and I intend on uprgrading next year…hopefully :excited

Just tried putting the black wire into either coil connector, same result.
I’m beginning to think that maybe it’s the settings since idle does seem marginally higher than it should be, but than at higher revs it varies a lot, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Just wrote their tech support, maybe they’ll sort it out.
What are you thinking about next? I’m eyeballing a ninja 650 myself, maybe in the next couple of years…

Good luck with that…How many times did you wrap it around the wire? Should be 5 times and if it doesnt work then add loops up to 12.

Next…I either want a ninja 636 or a CBR

Right now it’s around 8 but I tried less and more.

I got to ride 636 for a couple seconds, nice bike.