Opinions on Laptops?

stay away from the Inspiron family of Dell’s and i agree with the above statement of staying away from the toshiba HDDs as they do suck balls

the dell latitudes on the other hand are decent…bulky but robust. i work on nine of them at work and they never have any hardware problems but as for the inspirons…well they are a waste of money

dell=shit

their products are cheap and their support is terrible.

I hate dell almost as much as Apple, OK, not even close, but still… :smiley:

roffle… “get a mac” :rofl:

riight

ballride or not, the best i’ve used was my ibm thinkpad… my dell is ok… hp and compaqs are nice…

dont be mad because you haven’t got one yet.:love:

emachines FTW! (but I dont think they make laptops anymore)

Dell = hope you dont need to call tech. Holy hell I hope you can speak 5 different languages. Out sourceing FTL. I would go with the Acer…

on a side note, i do have a g5 power pc… it was free and still blows :wink:

emachines sometimes use sub-par hardware… just my experience… :slight_smile:

For anyone that is uncertain of which notebooks to buy, I would recommend a Mac.

dell support does blow…but thats why you got pittspeed computer techs at your finger tips

my dell lattitude 620 roxors. I use this thing non stop! It travels with me, gets thrown around and I have yet to have one single issue with it. My 610 I had when i was an engineer was the shit too! I beat the living god out of it, it finally just did not power on one day but it was under warranty and they just shipped me a 620.

unless they want to tune cars in a windows world :doh:

i have a D420 that is working out well…

that thing is nifty, i wouldnt mind having one, but i cant stand the small screens. Im already blind enough as is.

my hp 6120 gets beat on pretty bad also. I don’t like the dell 420’s at all, to damn small.

I love my Apple Macbook Pro… such a nice piece of equipment.

and yes Sonny… I can still tune my AEM with my Apple :slight_smile:

I just picked up a Gateway (not sure of the model) and I went ahead and purchased the 3 year warranty from Best Buy that covers me dropping it or spilling liquid on it! If somehting doesn’t go within 3 years you better believe towards the end of that time I would be going ahead and busting something.

i just got a real good deal on a toshiba at sam’s club not too long ago, i love it

I can’t believe someone actually bought a gateway. sorry

I heard Sam’s Club has some pretty good deals on laptops and such. I would probably go with a Toshiba or Acer, maybe an HP.

I wanna stick it out and see what Black Friday will bring out. I don’t need anything intense as far as laptops go.

i have an hp i like but then again i only use it for music, internet and the wife will do school work on it from time to time

lawl

d420’s are baller… .i’m not some old aged jack off sitting at a desk… 40% of the time i’m holding my laptop working on something… i asked for a 10" screen, this is all they had…

you’re insane.

i’m on my second gateway laptop and i LOVE it. the first laptop only broke when i put my fist through the screen (which was COVERED by my product replacement plan!!), and the second is a fntastic machine.

the ONLY complaint i’ve ever had is battery life, but i always have the brightness cranked up and the sound at the limit.

Dell is shit. HP/Compaq is shit.