Opinions on Laptops?

Lenovo business class machines are better than anything out on the market. Consumer crap always has useless bells and whistles that are just trouble. We tested everything on the market when Lenovo went to the T6X series (from T4X) since we had to rewire every conference room etc. for a different adapter. We stayed with Lenovo and it wasn’t even a close race.

-TJ

We have a way higher failure rate, and much more trouble w/ our MBPs than Lenovos. Apple wants to tell you they went to the magnetic adapter tip to keep you safe, that was because G4s would get trashed if you even tugged on the cord at an angle, it bent the super-cool AL case and broke the board.

-TJ

i bought a VAIO FS890 at compusa about a year ago. It was on clearance ended up paying about $450 for it, retail was like $975.

it weighs hardly anything, the only beef i have with it is it only has 2 USB ports

Just bought a Toshiba Satellite s4747. I like it.

I bought it from Best Buy. Horrible service, horrible smartass computer nerds for associates, just a smartass place in general. I didn’t care for that. The only thing I’ll buy there now is CD’s.

Haha…I hate going in there too.

I just bought to HP Pavilion’s from Officemax, (one for the wife/home and one for work) 160gb HD, 15.4 screen, tl-58, 2048mb…they were doing a back to school special they came with a print/scan/copy machine and Nice Sport pack to carry the laptop and more… 850 each…

Good running machines, no complaints ecept I only get 2.5-3 hours out of a charge, running dim screen and mainly surfing and e-mailing… no problems a week and counting…

Decent promo, if you use an officemax charge it’s 0% interest and no payments until Jan 2009. The next best deal was the same basic computer at best buy for 850 without the printers I didn’t neet and only 6 mo’s financing… didn’t need the financing, but now I’ve got extra money in my money market fund until it’s time to pay it off…

i had a giftcard for there, i called to see if a videocamera mount was in stock, they said no. So i went there, and they had 6 on the shelf. I told the salesman to follow me to the rack, and i showed it to him. The i told him to call the other salesman over, and i used him to checkout. pricks.

Got my daughter a Compaq for college on Aug 6th. The hard drive crashed last night. From Circuit City, where I get all my electronic stuff. They are replacing it with an ACER (cost twice as much) at no cost to me. Very professional place there. They took care of me. Ohhh, by the way, don’t buy a Compaq!

Yeah, I bent mine on my old Powerbook G4 by tripping over it… my new MBP has not givin me any trouble… and I have tripped over the new cord and it works great, lol… on my old G4, I also bent the screen frame when it fell.