opinions on speaker/subwoofer choice for home theatre system

Im building a movie theatre room in my house and need some opinions on a good quality speaker brand/set and a decent bang for the buck subwoofer.

I’ve already got my projector and 100" screen set up, just bought a pioneer HD receiver, all I have left is speakers and a sub…

Was looking and already bought a pair of Bose shelf speakers, but even though bose is top of the line shit these just look a bit cheap and sold for alot cheaper then I thought. If these will do the trick and sound good I will just grab another pair or two but would like opinions from you guys first. http://www.ebay.com/itm/220909309365?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

As for a subwoofer, I have no idea whats good and what will work with my receiver.

This is the receiver I bought in case someone needs to know that info, nothing crazy, but def will get the job done I think
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-VSX521K-5-1-channel-3D-ready-home-theater-/290629651663?pt=Receivers_Tuners&hash=item43aae08ccf

Black Friday two years ago I bought a mid-line priced Onkyo 7.1 Surround system (receiver, sub, 7 speakers) and so far I’m very happy with the sound. The sub definitely gets hitting hard in some movies, and shakes the wall I have it next to along with the DVD racks and what not, but it’s not like some ghetto mid-90’s Accord from Amsterdam with two 15’s in the back shaking the rust off the fenders. It’s smooth and crisp I guess you could say.

lol, any idea on the model number of the set?

HT-S9100THX is what my invoice from Amazon says, but that may be just the receiver.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S9400THX-7-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B004VK0IOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323814377&sr=8-1[/ame]

I paid $850ish two years ago.

ill look into it, gotta find the speakers without the receiver.

thanks

for standalone speaker setup i would say look into mirage. I have had my setup for yrs and it’s sounds amazing to this day. I have maybe only heard one set that sounds better but they were thousands more.

http://www.miragespeakers.com/na-en/

i got a tower setup with a larger center channel and small sat speakers my sub is only a 10inch but shakes the house if i want

thanks buddy, but id rather not spend Honda civic money on some speakers I honestly dont care too much about lol… I had one room in my house empty for 6 months after moving in not knowing what to do with it… Out of no where I said maybe ill make it a movie theatre room and just did… Nothing I’ve dreamed about having or wanting, just did it our of boredom really lol… Looking to spend around $500 for speakers.

I got a complete kit a while back when circuit city went under. Denon Receiver, Boston Acoustic speakers and subwoofer. The speakers are great and decently small. the sub woofer is great clean crisp thumps with no rattles. I have had Bose before and those are awesome but a lot of ??? and I find this boston acoustic stuff to be comparable. Polk audio in home subs and speaker towers are awesome too

+1 for Onkyo.

u making arab money but always a cheap fawk. :dunno:lol:hug

Most people with money are…

Theres a reason they have money and are good with it :ponder

there is def truth in that statement but still gotta bust his chops once in awhile

Dynaudio.

/thread.

my dad got bose simulated surround sound for the big screen in the living room. sounds perfect for just two speakers and a sub

That is a joke if you are looking for anything decent.

Speakers are like wine and cars, you need to check shit out in person to determine what YOU like.

…Bose suck.

i also had onkyo and its was nice speakers were rather large though.

:slight_smile: Shady knows whats up

Hows that a joke? lol… I’ve seen a ton of shit for around $500 included a bunch of the name brands listed below… Im not looking to go into business lol, I just want a little surround sound for my theatre room…

Why does bose suck?

I picked this up from Best Buy a few months back and have no complaints. It was under $400 sound is clean and I have no complaints. Dunno if you want the whole Blueray setup that comes with it though.