opinions on sporty, dd, possible only car..

im tossing around the idea of selling my sentra…

i want a sport sedan, or something similar. i love the maxima, and the newer v6 camrys, and the legacy gt’s, a few years used acura 3.2 tl, etc…

what are everyones opinions on these or other cars in this class?? im trying to think of everyday driving, big enough for me(6ft1, meathead build)…and still sporty, quick, etc, without losing driveability…

i know my se-r is by no means fast, but it is a little to rough/expensive to fix for a dd, and i would rather have a faster factory car right now.

lancer evo or suby wrx… other then that a DD is hard for asomething sporty. and maxima isnt sporty just an fyi.

G8!!!

The New Maxima has a good feel to drive. Brother in Law has a loaded one for a company car, and gave me the keys to run an errand last time I was in NY and encouraged me to push it a little. It was a great car to drive, and the “rubber band” transmission is on the spot responsive but lacks the feel of a good shift. I floored it coming from a red light onto a highway, and never felt that shift that says slow down… It’s cool but just doesn’t feel right. Definitely worth a drive, leaps and bounds better than any previous Maxima

Bonus AWD for winter.

Not sure on your price range but possibly used:
BMW 3 Series
Infiniti G37

just an observation, a nissan is fairly low on the price to fix food chain. It is comparable with a subaru and acura/honda. If you think the nissan is expensive, then definitely stay away from anything european. Can’t really comment on domestic stuff, dont know them.

X2, I love mine

Go with the Maxima!

perhaps check out the impala ss as well.

theres a 300c srt8 for sale at the monroeville chrysler/dodge. there perfect for big guys

boxster

Any other requirements- like manual transmission vs automatic, AWD/FWD/RWD, etc?

G8 GT jumps to the top of my short list of newer sedans that I like. There are LOTS of option out there though sedan wise right now- G8 GT, Legacy GT, Impala SS, Grand Prix GXP, Acura TLS, Cadillac CTS-V, Charger R/T or SRT-8, Chrysler 300C…

G8

Finding a WRX or Evo that hasn’t been beat on is hard enough as it is. I’ve been looking at the older Mazda Speed6, you can find them with relatively low mileage for 14-18k. Also, why not look into a Acura TSX, good quality, it’s a Honda, and AWD is a plus on both.

On-Topic (2 Viewing)
Serious Discussions and debates not related to Automobiles. Forum Rules are strictly enforced. No Post whoring, flaming, thread hijacking or smart ass replies.

new taurus SHO. awd, factory twin turbo, 365HP, it’s a ford, etc…

:smiley:

SHO isn’t a bad call. I like the CTS-V idea and SRT8 300C ideas, too.

never thought of that one, im going to check it out. thank you

damn just saw that chrysler place in monroeville wants 28k. f that.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?ct=u&car_id=264844643&dealer_id=73242&car_year=2006&dealership_view_name=www.harrisonautos.com&result_car_id=null&sort_type=make_modelASC&address=null&cardist=0

335i

do you have a price range?

m5?