Opinions Wanted: '07 Audi Q7 4.2 *AlaSkA*

Only 2 used Escalades for sale within 500 miles. One is $50k+ the other has 84k miles and… it’s gold.

Seriously should I add Alaska to the thread title?

So for a $3,000+ premium I think I’d buy a $300 ticket to the mainland and drive a car back that I wanted.

20+ Suburbans within 500 miles, but all are over $20k…

… except for this gem: Autotrader - page unavailable]]&listingId=396834642&Log=0

2010 $14k with 353,812 miles. lol

• Updated - - -

Can’t drive the road in the winter. And when you do most of the trip has no phone signal.

You can take the ferry to a more northern stop on the road, but even that takes a few days on the water. Assuming the weather is good.

Where in Alaska does he live?! Good thing it’s not winter, so he can drive on the road.

Buy this, drive for a year and sell for $15k
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4931567321.html

I’m starting to see the issue now. Just did an autotrader search from Anchorage, 500 miles, SUV/4wd/AWD with 3rd row under $22k, 2010 or newer.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/AWD+~+4WD/Anchorage+AK-99507?endYear=2016&featureCodes=1306&maxPrice=22000&searchRadius=500&showcaseOwnerId=0&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=2010&vehicleStyleCodes=AWD4WD,SUVCROSS&Log=0&captureSearch=true&fromSIP=49ECC269EF64CCE68FB8A3678BFE428F&showToolbar=true&Log=0

Pretty slim pickings.

Anchorage. And yeah I forget it’s spring but I’m not sure the road conditions.

And I would never recommend that Escalade to anyone, lol.

hrmmm… i keep holding off from just flat out saying this is a terrible idea. The more I read however, it seems he may not have many other options. Maybe he could get lucky and eek a year out of it and walk away clean.

Why only a year? Contract work/military?

Yeah and this Q7 hasn’t hit the web. It’s not even on the dealership website yet.

• Updated - - -

Military. Japan or Europe might be his next stop.

Make sure he buys two.

That way he has something to drive when the other one is in the shop.

Nissan Pathfinder Alaska

I have a costomer with a 07 Q7 I service its been an ok truck just wierd issues like the Waterpump taking out the climit control lol. and wierd tire wear. but overall its not the worst audi product ive serviced.

But I have a number of friends/clients rocking the Nissan Trucks and they have been solid I cant complain about my X at all.
friend has an 06 Armada with 200K and just puts gas in and drive other then all the door latches getting replaced one at a time for Freezing up he really hasnt had ANY issues with it.

this has bad news all over it.

skip the luxury part and you can get a car with less miles and good reliability for the same money. if its only for 1 year who gives a fuck if its not luxury.

Do these things still just randomly spit the driveshaft?

No the carrier bearing wears out and you get a vibration under power. My v10 had it a bit pulling a bob cat. Then again it was not designed to pull 10k plus at WOT

I would get whatever the 1 local parts shop within 500 miles of being stranded and eaten by bears can get parts for quickest. I’m thinking Explorer/Tahoe

could wait for winter and walk to russia and buy a V12 TDI Q7 or a R63 mercedes. high production car with great parts availability.