OSWEGO.........?!?!?!?!

ok here’s the deal im in the Army and got sent to Oswego to guard some powerplant. This seems like a pretty cool area but i dont know what there is to do around here. Anyone live around here or or go to school here?

any tips on cool shit to do will be greatly appreciated

Thaks
Matt

water st.

million bars, use the cabs, they are a buck each way

James A. FitzPatrick plant? My dad used to work security there when it was online.

uhhh… its called nine mile i guess the national guard has been running a mission out here for 3 years . we just assist the actully plant guards…aka thumb sit with a bunch of gear on and drive around in a truck…me and slacker127 came out to here for a few days cuz some guys went on vacation. it seems like a really sweet town…hopefully we can find some trouble to get into or some vag

Anyone besides me find it a little disturbing that I could find this:

http://terraservice.net/image.aspx?s=11&lon=-76.40527857500847&lat=43.5192171718953&w=2

From : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Mile_Point_Nuclear_Generating_Station

doesn’t really bother me

A friend of mine went to school in Oswego. Great time at the bars. Tons of them to choose form back then. I think they had a guiness book record for the most bars in a square mile at one time.

we’re goin out tomorrow night we’ll let ya know how it go’s…

im thinking its a place called the saw mill? or something along the lines of that. other then there are a ton of bars and its a great time there. just o aweekend u see a million hot girls walking down the streets near al of the bars.

also they have a circle pavement track that is the shit. it hold one of the biggest racing events of the whole north east coast in sept

go to the speedway

I beileve that is the Gaenae nuclear power plant, of the Niagara Mohawk power co.

Your guarding a big fucking reactor…have fun

If that is the plan owned by Constellation Energy…I have been there. Theres quite a bit to do in town, it reminds me of like Lockport in restaurants/stores but like a good college town has a ton of bars. My sister went to school there and it was always a good time.

you guys are forgetting that college is out. The amount of broads will be greatly decreased…

not a damn thing to do there when college is out.

Ginna is in Ontario, NY and it’s an RG&E plant, not NiMo. It’s about 30 miles east of Oswego. I should know, I grew up in Ontario. :stuck_out_tongue:

My bad, not RG&E anymore. It’s owned by Constellation Energy.

R.E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant

R.E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant is located on 410 acres along the south shores of Lake Ontario in Ontario, NY - about 20 miles northeast of Rochester and 53 miles southwest of Constellation Energy’s Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station. Constellation Energy bought Ginna, a pressurized one-unit water reactor generating 490 MWs, on June 10, 2004. Approximately 444 Constellation Energy employees run the power plant, making enough electricity for about 125,000 homes.

Key Facts

* Fuel Type: Nuclear
* Capacity: 490 MW
* Online: June 1, 1970
* Constellation Energy Ownership: 100%

Here’s the one in Oswego.

Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station

The Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station, which is outside of Syracuse in Scriba, New York, has two boiling-water reactors. Unit 1 is a 609 MW reactor that entered service in 1969 and Unit 2 is a 1,148 MW reactor that began operation in 1988. As part of the company’s balanced growth trend, Constellation Energy purchased Nine Mile Point in 2001 from Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation and other utilities. Constellation Energy now owns 100% of Unit 1 and 82% of Unit 2 – 1,550 megawatts of Nine Mile Point’s 1,757 MW of total generating capacity. The Long Island Power Authority owns 18% of Unit 2.

Key Facts

* Fuel Type: Nuclear
* Capacity: 1,550 MW
* Online: Unit 1 1969; Unit 2 1988
* Constellation Energy Ownership:
  Unit 1 100%; Unit 2 82%

Environment

Nine Mile Point keeps more than half of its 900 acres, much of which is environmentally rich wetlands, in its natural state, allowing vegetation and wildlife to thrive. Deer, fox, turkey, rabbit, and raccoon feed and reproduce in undisturbed habitats on the site.

So the Russian was right, you’re guarding a big fucking reactor, two of them that total up to 3 times the size of Ginna.

Anyhow, yeah Oswego’s good for drinking and ass. Although, as Newman mentioned school’s out so the ass volume has decreased but I’m sure you’ll be able to find something to poke. :tup:

the only thing to do once college is out is go to the speedway