Other, better oil filters for 240sx

hey i was wondering if there are any better oil filters that are the same size as a 240sx filter but cheaper ? for ka24de.

Really? $6-10 is too expensive for you? Get rid of your car

Facepalm please…

Agreed, Makes me wonder what oil you use.

go to napa or partsource or anything and get bottom line filter, good luck with longevity tho.

:picard2:

:picard:

:worf:

^ That damn .gif in your sig speeds up my heartbeat. lol

Shit’s gonna kill me.

… fail… a damn fram sure guard costs $10 dude if that…

How about doing a quick forum search? This topic has been covered many times.

sorry but i think you guys didnt understand what i meant to say. im not “cheap” when it comes to buying the filter. i meant to say that if theres an altima filter for ex. which is bigger and taller but has all the by-pass valve and anti-drain back etc. and is cheaper then the usual 850.-9.00$. Theres nothing wrong with saving a buck or two and your getting a better filter for the dollar. i currently use bosch filters.

You get what you pay for.

Honestly, just stick with the OEM Nissan filter that pretty much is the same for almost EVERY CAR!! lol

Nissan OEM ftw! ($11 w/new o-ring)

I did a little leg work looking for a bigger filter, but on the KA24DE, anything taller is hard to fit unless you move the wiring harness.

I think RED_LINE’s right, Nissan OEM FTW. The other filter’s I run are valvoline as they’re available to me and they’re built really well… (10x better then fram).

TBH i havent had any problems with fram in any of the cars in my household for the last 6 years.

just buy some AMS oil your car and there filter and your car will last longer which save monies

relocate oil filter
buy taller filter
???
PROFIT!

oil doesnt last as long with fram filter. goes black quicker

Go Synthetic with Nissan Filter, end of story.

otherwise it ain’t worth it to get another filter! :wink: