Out of town email issue

I am in NC and cannot send from my Roadrunner email account. I get an email back that the subject says: Undeliverable:(subject in sent email)
the body says: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    this is the email subject
  Sent:    7/24/2008 11:15 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'xxxxxx@gmail.com' on 7/24/2008 11:15 AM
        550 relaying mail to gmail.com is not allowed

any suggestions? I’m also getting this when sending from my work email.

I’m guessing you’re using Outlook or something similar from a laptop that you brought down there?

The outbound mail server you are using hates you…

Do you have access to webmail for either account?

I’m sorry, yes I am using Outlook in my laptop.

I do, only on one of them though. I can access my work email through webmail but my Roadrunner just logs into my old adelphia account even when I go through the Roadrunner.com site. Does anyone have the url for the updated to roadrunner.com email accounts?

TW won’t allow you to send mail via their outbound servers if you are not within their network. Use the roadrunner webmail if you need to send messages.

can you send through webmail? If you are using a smtp server you will not be able to access it off-network.

lol guess I should have refreshed the page before typing my response.

It’s going to say Adelphia but it’s your Roadrunner email.

Not true, at the office I temped the Internet was VZW, but her email was all sent through RR.

But that was Rochester, so maybe Buffalo servers are different?

Truth

Bingo

Or take this as a great opportunity to switch to gmail and stop dealing with this nonsense all together. :slight_smile:

Best advice period.

I have nother against the people that use their free ISP’s email, but please get something else.

I’ll tell you the honest truth people, shit happens and your email does get lost, and there is nothing they can do/compensate you for because to TW, etc it is a free service they offer you to use, it’s not something you pay for.

x2

Solid advice right there. I have a Verizon address from my DSL and I never use it.