Overclocking/PC Benchmarking thread **Nazi Mod Approved Nerd thread**

i have a bran new philips 47inch hdtv 1080p, with a ton of ports on the back but the only one i can use for the computer is the s-video,
the problem i had was the desktop and windows all together looked fuzzy, like you cant really read the text on anything even if you are sitting far away, its worse close up lol
the game loaded but the graphics consisted of a grey flashing screen lol so im asuming the tv cant handle whats being thrown at it… if its the tv i can take it back and get a different one. its still within the 30 days.

try a dvi to HDMI converter plug thing, u can get em at like radioshack or other stores like that, dont use the s video and see what that does…

i dont use tv’s, ever for anything pc related… so i dont have much experience in that shit but i would def go with dvi to hdmi converter and see where that takes you

Thanks man. The setup was solid. I was pretty dissapointed with the Athlon X2 7750’s so i went back to good old Socket T. if they still call it that:rofl

for Q6600? i just called it lga 775 but yea w/e

Hehe… ill post when I get home. Before i had to re-install windows, (I forgot what I was clocked to so I am starting over) I hit 4.7ghz on my E8600 (stock 3.3ghz), on AIR xigmatek 13xx cooler with a Ultra Kaze 120mm on it. Lapped to 1800grit processor and heatsink. AS5 paste.

GTX260 core 216 was cranked up past 700mhz.

3dmark06 was 18K+
super Pi was sub 10 seconds.

The super PI thing is cool, it computes a pi(pie) what ever, computation at different file sizes. If i remember correctly the 1mb on was the standard for benching it in Overclockers.net. To compaire my PC to a work laptop. My Dell D620 did the 1mb in 12 mins, and my machine did it in less than 10 seconds!

18K score, nice man !

i’ll fuck with overlocking possibly if i get motivated