Overclocking/PC Benchmarking thread **Nazi Mod Approved Nerd thread**

So as it seems there are quite a few of you out there who enjoy building and modding their systems. So basically post up your system details and 3DMark Vantage score with said system with screen shots and other fun stuff. I by no mean have the nastiest system out there, but for a person who is NOT a gamer I am happy with the results.

System Details:
AMD (of course) Phenom II 940 Black Edition (3 GHz)
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 2GB Video Card
8GB G.Skill 1100 Memory
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm
Antec 300 Case
Antec EarthWatts 650w PS

Overclocked the CPU (still a lot of room to go):
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8534/cpufac.jpg

Video card settings (maxed out, lol):
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4333/overdrive.jpg

3D Mark Vantage Score:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9756/vantaged.jpg

I still have a bit more to go with the CPU overclocking but the video card is maxed out. I might pick up an other and throw it into quad crossfire but again, I am no gamer.

You got issues

my brain hurts

wat

+1

Zomg. It’s like tweaking a car you sizzles. Overclocking could be comparted to turning up the boost in a turbo car. With it, you have to increase the cooling (intercooler?) and up the voltage (fuel?) to accomodate for the higer clock speeds (hp?). It’s the same modding bug just nerdier.

The first screenshot shows my four processors running at 3640 MHz per core when default it runs at 3000. The second screenshot shows both of my video card processors running at their maximum speed of 700mhz (default is 625) and memory clock speed at 1200mhz (default is 933).

The last screenshot is a program that you run on your pc the receive a score based on your systems performance. The score of the program relies mainly on your video card, CPU, memory and of course the motherboard which attaches everything together.

Wana see what your pc scores? http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmarkvantage/download/ (see me for serial code).

Hope this helps,

I have seen this set up and I still say you got issues

:rofl

my laptop

Stock w/no overclock - Sidebar OFF!!

3DMark03 - 7809
3DMark05 - 3452
SuperPi 1M - 43.422s
SuperPi 16M - 18m 10.894
Prime95 -

Stock w/graphics overclock
3DMark03 - 8393
3DMark05 - 3741

After New processor & RAM w/no graphics overclock
3DMark03 - 8126
3DMark05 - 3497
SuperPi 1M - 36.994
SuperPi 16M - 16m 50.757
Prime95 -

After New Processor & RAM w/Graphics Overclock
3DMark03 - 8955
3DMark05 - 4027
SuperPi 1M - 36.250
SuperPi 16M - 16m 50.757
Prime95 -

it was a 1.8ghz pentium, but i put a 1.7 ghz & bumped the fsb, now runs at 2.2ghz steady as a rock. been this way for 6mo +. Also replaced the heat paste with some new shit to drop temps a bit.

LOL wayne

nice pc nick, i’ll post up vantage scores when the 295 comes in

and when i build the pc etc its all in pieces,

Qx9650 core 2 extreme quad
ALOTGB DDR3 2000
790i FTW (dumped the ultra)
GTX295 evga air cooled

all other shit isnt necessary

but yea i cant wait to get it together and check scores, i wont be overclocking because i dont have the time for it but i guess if the score is not amazing i’ll do some overclocking

OH yea

this is sooo old, when i first built the pc, with 4gb of ddr3 1333, and 9800GX2

http://street-legal-mods.com/datas/users/243-muchbetter.jpg

its 3dmark 06 tho :smiley:

Thanks singh!

The 295 is wicked cheating, lol!

My 3dmark 06 score before overclock:

My old setup:

Q6600@ 2.40GHz @ 3.0 GHz / FSB 333.0 MHz
Geforce 9800GTX+ 506MB
P5w DH Deluxe
1000w Corsair PSU
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 4G
2 Wendy’s Raptor running@RAID 1

I recently turned to the dark side also(Phenom) :rofl

Q6600 + 9800GTX systems… i built so many of them those Q6600 cpus were very successful !

that 3dmark 06 score is nasty dude… now i gotta see what im gonna get with the new shit !

ati is so popular on those 3dmark shits, see them everywhere for video cards

I remember back in high school we hacked one of the technology computers and overclocked it and it blew up :rofl

nice specs, although you say your no gamer… its safe to say any game out there im pretty sure your system can handle LOL…the last box i built was about half that… lol
a first gen phenom 9600 if im not mistaken 4 gb of ddr 3. with a gforce 8800gtx evga card, a mear 1gb of memory on it but still serves me well, i never benchmarked it anywhere other than pcpitstop, although the numbers wernt overly impressive on a world wide scale the machine holds its own in my book. i was looking at getting a second video card and putting the sli to use and see how much more umph the thing gives me game wise. i think next tax season ill build another machine but this time ill spend a little more on the video processing power and motherboard

dont go sli on that video card it wont be worth it, go single gpu unless your running monitors bigger than 26 inch, sli doesnt show the results until high res, otherwise its not worth the money just sounds cool

thanks, think ill scrap that idea then.
i do have a question for you though… seeing as your probly a bit more techie than me… i have an s-video out on that card and i did try running it to a 47inch lcd hdtv that has an s-video input… looked like shit… and wouldnt display any of the graphics in quake 4 or anything els for that matter… is there a specific tv i need to look for or is it the video card itself that wont display the graphics on such a large screen. the point is to set up my living room so i dont need another room for all my computer equipment and i can do it all there on one screen.

what u mean , like it wouldnt start the game or u went in game and couldnt see anything? or its just the graphics were crappy?

for tv’s u gotta really have a 1080i hdtv because those 720 shits and whatever else arent good enough IMO, because they wont run a resolution high enough to be acceptable