Overdue Intro :)

^^ecotech was based off of it wasnt it?

Yup sorta, the ecotec is definately a far superior engine though in my opinion. The older quads had anemic head flow numbers, the cams were pretty weak, and they were known for top end oiling issues up until about 1995. The newer eco’s definately impress me.

that is the hottest fuckin cavalier ive ever seen

very nice cars, my friend is trubo’ing a 2003 cavy…

Nice, those boosted eco’s can be no joke if done right. I’ve considered the idea of swapping my Cobalt over to a turbo as it would yield more potential and be fairly simple but I just can’t do another custom project right yet.

ugh i want to turbo my cobalt so bad…maybe in a year…or two lol. school and work pwn me now.

that Cav’ engine is complete SEX! nice work.

Damn, I missed a j-body intro thread :frowning:

hi.

Hola :wave:

I should probably give an update to this thread… As i’m sure some of you have read the turbo on the Cavy blew out on me last week. I’ve got a rebuild kit ordered and on the way. Once it gets here i’m going to try my best to have the car back in action and make it to the track before it closes for the season.

Before the turbo went I had the car tuned in for 25-26psi, 11.3-11.5afr’s, zero knock and limited timing. I was hoping to get some timing into the car with some race gas in the meantime until I hook up my meth injection kit.

The car was pulling damn hard so I can’t wait to get my rebuild kit and get back at it :slight_smile: