Overdue Intro :)

Nice cars! What is the GMPP clutch in the cobalt? Is that a new product or something? You might want to have mike@new era tune your cobalt too. Intense racing is very well known for blowing up LSJ’s. Anyway welcome to the board!

wow.Very nice cars there.I think we will finally got a good noob for once.

That cavy looks very nice. :tup:

Nice cars! What is the GMPP clutch in the cobalt? Is that a new product or something? You might want to have mike@new era tune your cobalt too. Intense racing is very well known for blowing up LSJ’s. Anyway welcome to the board!

The GMPP clutch isn’t really a new product it’s just an OEM upgrade… however I don’t really recommend it as mine slips if I beat on it. At some point I’ll probably upgrade to a stage 3+ spec most likely but since the GMPP is holding on the street I just don’t have the motivation to do the job lol.

As far as the tuning goes no worries there, the Intense PCM was never used on my car. I do all my own tuning via HPTuners and don’t trust anything universal. You are correct though after looking at many of the aftermarket “canned” tunes out there for the Cobalts I’d be very scared to run one.

I do plan on visiting Mike @ New Era though this fall as we’ve been talking about finishing up the fine tuning on the Cavy and getting some confirmed numbers :slight_smile:

Any estimate on numbers or times?

I don’t track the Cobalt much because it’s the daily but I did run the car a month or so ago at NYIRP. It managed a best of 13.56@108… I was fighting a timing issue that day so it was pulling out about 8 degrees in the upper rpms but that’s fixed now. I’m hoping to get some updated numbers in early September and hope the clutch holds up :slight_smile: I’ve got no idea on HP numbers, it’s flowing about 40lbs/min through the MAF so that should put the car somewhere in the low 300whp range.

The Cavy i’ve got no idea on times as it hasn’t been run yet on this setup. I’m still tuning it like crazy and slowly inching the boost up and dialing in the fuel and timing tables. When it’s all said and done I simply wanna trap 120+ and put down around 450whp.

your 2.4 looks like the specs of my turbo’d 2.4

Now i have a 08 2.0lnf turbo cobalt

so far the fastest to date.

mid 12’s at 6000 feet. and always a 8000 DA in denver, co

Gonna do new tune with new turbo and see what i can do…

nice rides :slight_smile:

Wow very nice, welcome

nice work on the cars man, good to see another modded cav in the area :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it’s much appreciated! :slight_smile:

welcome, nice set of mods on the SS…

how the hell did you tune for a bigger t/b?

i have an LS4 t/b and it was horrible. all i have seen for tuning is changing the scaler. Otherwise it was retarded for daily driving.

Those are some respectable rides. Welcome

welcome, nice set of mods on the SS…

how the hell did you tune for a bigger t/b?

i have an LS4 t/b and it was horrible. all i have seen for tuning is changing the scaler. Otherwise it was retarded for daily driving.

Yup same tb I have man, there’s more to tune than just the scaler area don’t let them fool you. It also requires some idle and VE tuning. I drive my Cobalt 200+ miles a week and I honestly can’t even tell a difference in the driveability, definately stronger mid range and top end though.

:tup: nice work on both cars

I just thought I’d update this thread with a couple new pics from the 607 Customs to Classics Car Show last weekend. The Cavy looks a tad bit different than in my initial pic. I’ve managed to tune the car to 18psi right now and I gotta say it’s pulling damn hard… I’m hoping to be able to get it to 20psi this weekend on pump gas and then start fine tuning some fuel and timing tables. Anyways enough rambling so here’s a couple pics.

http://rjteeter.com/albums/607carshow/content/bin/images/large/_MG_5758.jpg

http://rjteeter.com/albums/607carshow/content/bin/images/large/_MG_5759.jpg

:tup: great looking cars welcome i like that cavy

I was honestly expecting a pair of terribly ugly/hacked cars but VERY nice. Welcome to NYspeed. :tup:

takes alot to impress me with a cavi-built…but :bigclap:well done!

Thanks guys, I usually cringe at every Cavy I see out there because it seems like every single one is beat to hell, kitted, and 4 different colors… I’ll never really do anything to the exterior of mine other than very basic mods… it’s all about the performance. Not alot of people know about the potential of the quad 4 engines… they have their positives and negatives but a well built one can put down some serious power and be a torque monster :slight_smile:

^^ecotech was based off of it wasnt it?

The wheels on the Cobalt look uber hot.

Congrats on being the first newbie to not receive -karma upon introduction thread since karma was brought back.