own the fastest F1 car ever!

how awesome is this.

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/tabid/65/cid/526/id/14436/p/1/Default.aspx

The 1986 Benetton’s were and it is believed still are the most powerful F1 cars ever raced.The chassis 05 driven by Gerhard Berger at Monza , reading 5.5 Bar Boost[80 lbs.] briefly produced an estimated 1300 HP.and was timed at 351 KPH, out right fastest car of the 1986 season. Now Fully restored

[TABLE=“class: tblspecification”]

Make:
Benetton BMW

Model:
B186-05 F1 1.5 Litre Turbo

Year:

Vehicle Location:
SYDNEY

VIN/Engine Number:
n/a

[/TABLE]

http://www.my105.com/private_images/25386/97178_971793_m.jpg

I’d love to drive that. 80lbs of booooooost!

1.5 liter BMW 4 cyl producing 1300hp?

Am I looking at this correctly?

jeeeeeee-zussssss

yeah… and something like 1400hp in qualifying trim.

That is cool!

L

they were using rusty used old factory production blocks and cranks, plus the basic engine dates back to the early 1960s. By the time they were making this much power however, the engines would blow up frequently. Still very impressive, and ran on fuel consisting of mostly toluene

I mean for what you’re getting 350000$ doesn’t seem all that unreasonable for someone who would normally purchase a couple exotic cars. A distant Uncle of mine (I posted pictures of his 360 a few years ago) now has 3 Ferraris where as back in 2008ish he only had the 360. I’d much rather have one of these and the other two Ferraris.

I have a feeling that unless you’re parking it in your living room the running costs are very high.

Well based on the S7 thread I’m quite confident that not only can I afford to buy this but I can afford to run it at track days too.

That’s an expensive way to kill yourself.

lol

yeah you don’t buy that car to drive it, you buy it to put in a showroom and polish.

:bigtup:

I’m not going to daily drive it, just a weekend/track toy. I’ll have my S7 for daily duties.

screw that, drive it through the winter, nobody needs AWD.

WTB: Steelies and snow tires for a 1986 Benetton BMW. Lug Pattern: Race Car

You could stock up on cheap old blocks and blow through 1 a month!

Has anyone on here tossed them the nyspeed ridiculously lowball offer yet?

Give it time…

I’ve already asked my bank for a 9 year loan on this at 22%. Fingers crossed. :omgsoexcited:

lulz