Paid off my car

awesome stuff OP. :tup: its def a good feeling making that last payment

Just wait until you dont have a house payment

It’s always a good feeling… even better if the car is still worth something significant.

I have to fight the instinct to pay off my audi and student loans early. Why would I want to pay off loans faster at the point in American history when money is almost free to borrow?

I’d much rather pump money into my 401K or savings over paying off a 2% loan.

Congrats <3

It felt GREAT to payoff my car loan. I Haven’t had a car payment in nearly 2 years.

how do you not have that now? you have no wife, kids, or mortgage!

All i have is a mortgage now, but i have tenants making the mortgage payments plus I add extra payments every month.

^ This is why we still have my wife’s student loan. I can’t justify throwing any extra at it when the rate is so low. I bought my GTO a while before the bottom fell out on car loan rates so that was worth paying off early.

The only thing I owe money on are my golf and like 1,000 bucks on a student loan that’s at like 1% interest or something.

I spent a LOT of cash on car stuff over the years that I should have been saving, but whatever. 40k in the bimmer, 15 into the sti, 25 into the rb240… a lot of that was just wasted income, lol.

I would have had it done this year but I spent almost 20 grand on parachutes and another 10-15 on trips and learning to skydive.

Same here, mortgage is the only debt I have…oh, and 10 more payments on the Type R, but that’ll be done in October, maybe even sooner…

But yeah, it’s a freeing feeling to not owe anyone money…it just never seems to stay that way though, haha.

Good work. Its awesome paying things off.

If we can stick to this budget I put together, Im hoping to have almost everyting except the house paid off this year. Just in time for the wife to get a new(er) car.

Dan

I’m making my last payment on my dub next week. I know what the feelings like! So happy

At 1.9% i can’t justify paying my shit off early.

I enjoy paying shit off, and then buying more shit.

I only buy cars in cash. Only debt Iv ever had is a mortgage

great to say. But the 800 bucks it costs me over 5 years, not worth taking the funds out of pocket.

$ now > $ in 5 years

That was my plan, till penalties, fee’s, additional penalty interest compounded, fucked me when I wasn’t getting my direct deposit on time.

I need to curb this appetite to trade in and buy a new car every 3 years.

+1

I am finally in a reliable car with a long warranty(6yr/100k)that I really like and it will be paid for in the next 12months. Hopefully I don’t talk myself into something new as soon as it is paid for.

I’ve been really bad with getting new cars. Kept the 350z 1 year. The Mazdaspeed3 for almost 2.5

now I am driving an 08 civic and the wife has an 11 pilot. pilot got a 10 year/120k mile warranty, so hopefully we’re in for the long haul on that one.

I have 10 months left on my truck, but seeing as how I got it when they were offering a lifetime powertrain warranty which includes, rear axle, driveshaft, trans, and engine. I don’t see myself ever getting rid of it. Even if it just becomes a winter beater.

Paid off two this year. Felt great. A week later the truck got access to my business checking account and started buying parts for itself. I begged it for mercy and so far it has yielded. Last of em going on this weekend.