pain in the *** brakes

just got done from spending 5 hrs between jumping driving to a buddys house and fixing my girlfriends brakes. :mad: The damn rotors were basically welded on with rust and it took a 5lb sledge hammer and a wieght bar (to hit from the other side of the car) to get them off. Well, that didnt even work for like 30 min on the first side then the second side it didnt work for like 40 so we finally had the idea to heat it up a bit with a torch and about 20 more min of pounding finally broke it loose. new ones went on in a few mins but looked at the bar and realize we smashed one end of it in about 1/2-3/4 inches from teh sledge. :mad: :mad:
/rant

brakes can be a bitch…

do them on a car that has the rotors BEHIND the hubs…

:rant:

women drivers :rolleyes:

did you happen to clean the mating surfaces when you put the new rotors on? will make it easier next time and makes sure the rotor is flat against the hub.

yeah, pretty well actually even tho the car will probably die first i figured it was worth teh time to clean it good and grease it a lil

what the heck does that have to do w/ PITA brakes? She made them rust on there? :frowning: :dunno:

no but she probably neglected maintenance.

i know a girl that ran her rear brakes out too long… damn piston on the caliper overextended and it was the biggest bitch to get compressed. fuck brake jobs.

lol. i dunno. i that was a post margarita post.

car sitting for 6 months probly had alot to do with it but b4 that she wore the pad off of the driverside pads (one still had just a little left on it). The grooves in the rotor were over 1/8 inch deep in some spots.
so she definately neglected the car

typical chick :beer:

you should have seen my mom’s cars before i started monitoring her shit…

her K-car went 13k miles unserviced before I literally STOLE her car and changed the oil, air filter, spark plugs, et cetera… it was fucking ugly. She’d drive on bad brakes until she had the calipers digging into the rotors.

my mom used to opt for the 24k mile + oil changes.

New brakes are overrated… I mean… who really uses em?

:dunno: :slight_smile:

hahaha :doh:

my mom sold her 86 t-1000 (pontiac version of the chevette) at 37k and it had the original oil in it. but that was before i paid attention to cars like in 91 so now i am the oil natzi at my house.