Paint for wheels

An all black car with gold (or dark bronze :wink: ;)) flush rims, slammed and OEM aero is pure sex. But you’re gonna have to wait till next season to see it :wink:

man… get those spacers for the rear and lower the front, PLEASE!! it’s bothering me so much that i can barely focus on your current problem, hahaha.

but yeah… i agree, with the gold you’d be throwing too many colours on the car… remember: simpler = better

maybe you should try having the spokes painted gloss black to match the top of your car, and keep the lip on the rims silver to bring out the silver pinstripe… can anybody try chopping that to see what it’d look like?

maybe you should try having the spokes painted gloss black to match the top of your car, and keep the lip on the rims silver to bring out the silver pinstripe… can anybody try chopping that to see what it’d look like?

i would like to see that as well. black with the polished lip=rudeness

u neeeeeed sideskirts and bings front lip !!! get them now!!! thats only thing to even out that wideoverfenders…and even front wide fenders if u want…

gold looks nice… dont paint urself… powdercoat it all the way… even professional painting is like 50$ a wheel and it flakes off after 2yrs… so no point

i agree with mikess, our cars don’t suit more than two, MAYBE three colors in most cases, with the silver pinstripe, chrome lip, gold wheels, black and red body you’re pushing 5 colors…

the car is extreme enough to handle 4 as it is now I think. just fix the spacing of wheels, get some camber, lower the front a little and powdercoat your wheels back to silver and it will look awesome.

I have a better idea. Don’t do anything to the wheels, space them out proper, lower the car, use proper headlights and call it a day.

Andrew.

hey i like teh headlights those are nice I got an idea go Dukes of Hazzard like ME!! lol

Oh and bings lip wont look good on your car My PDM lip will and my 180sx sideskirts will even out the look because those oems look a little bit un even with the widebody and oem rear lip.

Just leave them silver.

Car looks too busy as it is.

Powdercoating is definitely the way to go, but a decent set of painted wheels can be acheived also. It really comes down to the prep work, like all paint work. I’ve painted a few sets of wheels and tracked a few that I’ve done and had no issues. I’ve also gotten wheels from friends that they wanted painted that took 10-12 hours of prep and tons of trial and error to get them to look right. Powdercoating will resist much higher temps (though that doesnt really matter on wheels, I havent baked the paint off the ones that I track with), has a tougher finish, but hides cracks and potential flaws you’d want to see when you have the wheels off the car. Painting is much easier to touch up, but less resiliant to abuse. I’d suggest a slightly more bronze/gold then the yellow you posted.

Here’s a set of wheels I painted for an MR2 (maybe a bit darker than you’re looking to go)

http://www.mturck.com/ChangWheels.jpg

Personally, judging by the photos, I’d leave yours silver. Otherwise it just gets a bit to busy IMO.

They came out baller…
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/204/picture068ps8.jpg
On the car they look cheap and cheesey…ghey
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1959/picture076oz4.jpg

I cant find a sahara gold paint…if all fails im going back to silver…which somewhat sucks. Know of any places who will have the colour paint im looking for?