Paint Problem on S2k

I have painted a couple things on Killerblackbirds S2K which is also the same color and it always matched perfectly.

Austin- I used to know Alex at Hart’s. I can vouch for him and his wife (Lori?), good people. When I still brought rentals to him for Hertz, he did a nice job on my EP3 when I needed some minor front bumper/headlight work and kept it under my deductible. I haven’t seen their new shop but last time I was there they were still down by the river behind a school off exit 7 on 90…I’m pretty sure he moved to a much nicer operation, JSE would know more about where they are now.

Also, I’m now publically asking for a ride in the car because you haven’t shown up for a drive yet!

Harts is on rt 20 between exit 9 and 10 on i-90 (closer to 10)

i take exit 10, go right toward 20, take a right on 20 and he’s right after on-damand-auto on the right side of the road right arcoss from Boostcreeps office

Will do, soon! This weekend?

s0lace; it may be the quality of the actual paint used too. Big_Red just resprayed my front fenders on my S2000 after properly flaring the fronts to clear my wheels/tires. He used Deltron paint with some expensive clear and it was NOT blended into the doors or hood. My S2K is a 2001 with 54K miles and you can not tell the difference. He also sprayed my OEM hardtop with the same paint and again, flawless results.

If I remember correctly, Chicane Silver was a slightly different shade than my Silverstone Metallic. Moonrock is much darker, and it has a slight color cast in certain light. You could have him blend the panels or check to see if the paint was mixed incorrectly.

Here’s a side shot, this is pre-wet sand and final buff, which Dave (Big_Red) is doing this afternoon.

Check what paint code he used, as you can see Chicane and Silverstone are different. Looking at your pics, to me, it looks like the front bumper is Silverstone.

Chicane Silver, NH745M, 2008–2009
Moon Rock, NH676M, 2005
Sebring Silver, NH552M, 2002–2007
Silverstone, NH630M, 2000–2007

Yeah, already went that route with them- tried saying that I thought he used Moon Rock (it really does look way darker in normal light-) but he claims he used the right color, NH745M (Chicane).

Your car looks awesome, btw! Love the hardtop

I guess the question is now:

A- Do I eat the money I already paid, and go somewhere else
B- Do I go back in and demand, bitch, that it get fixed for free
C- Do I go back in and pay to have it blended, etc.

if it were me i’d go back and ask them to A.) fix it or B.) give me my money back
i wouldn’t spend another dime there. if they can’t get it done right the first time don’t pay them to paint half your car the wrong color

I’m sorry but that looks like shit! I don’t know anything about paint but I would not have even picked the car up I would have told him fix it!

If he won’t fix it take him to court! Then have the dude who painted the other silver car do yours!

if I was a painter I would not even let that leave myself I would be embarrassed of that!

I’d have it resprayed so it matches. No reason why it shouldn’t match. If it matches the paint on my 12 year old S, it should match your 5 year old S. Moonrock is much darker and doesn’t have that tan hue, I honestly think your front bumper is Silverstone. Sebring silver is a bright metallic silver.

Moonrock:

http://spoon-mechanic.up.seesaa.net/image/A5C7A5E2A5ABA1BCA5D5A5EDA5F3A5C8A3B2X.jpg

Yeah, it could definitely be Silverstone, it just looks way dark in person/in sunlight, so my first thought was moon rock. My guess is they totally Fd up the color code and won’t admit to it.

Totally agree.

I agree. Something is definitely screwed up.

paint code is right on the door so it’s pretty hard to miss it and get the wrong s2k color. it’s a 3 stage paint, it’s hard to match, that’s all it comes down to. the guy who painted your car just did a bad job and he’s full of shit for telling you the rest of the car is faded

A, period. They will fuck everything else up. Take it to crc and get a quote to fix it or the place jse mentioned. Getting your money back would have to be a court issue and is your call if you want to take it that far.

Oh hey there’s two pages Lolol.

Just wheeled my shit box out in the sun. Again, no blending, color matches perfectly.