Paint skills

the camera must have dust on the lens, that fairing looks like it has some smutz on it, but I just looked after I posted that and it doesn’t look like that at all. thats odd.

it looks uncleared

Those look awesome Man!

Thanks again!

mike. wanna mess around with my other set of corvette wheels?

Yeah the bike plastics are, we ran outa blue base. once he gets more ill clear them all at once.

yeah man for sure. Lets do them some bonkers Vortex approved color!

BUMP:

BBS RC’s i did for my daily jetta

Primered:

Platinum grey base with extra gold flake:

After Honey Gold Candy mid coat and 2 coats of clear. Color shifts from bronze gold looking to a crazy green almost looking gold.

Then i repaired a 2000 Integra rear bumper, shaved the “integra” logo and repsrayed it the Vouge Silver, also did these lips for the back. OEM side skirts were preped, highbuild primered, smoothed and shot in the OEM silver too. The front bumper and matching lips are coming soon.

No pic of the bumper apparently my memory card didn’t save it right.

Tank, tail and full plastics for an RC51. Quick paint job done with Ssssmmmokin camero SS white.

Thanks again Mike. :number1

I wanna see pics of a white RC51 when it’s back together, never seen that before.

WOW sometimes I surprise myself! thats a perfect match it looks like huh! I like the smoothed look with the bumper and skirts!

yeah, color is dead on. Thanks! Can’t wait to see the rear lip on as well.

how much would you want to do an R6 tank… including shaving the side emblems (roughly 2" diameter, and maybe 1/8" - 3/16" deep)??? Don’t have much money now, but I really need to get this done. It will have to be taken down almost to bare metal, prepped, etc. Last season some of the gas leaked out and bubbled the hell out of the paint. To get me through the season I just sanded it down, taped it off, and rattle canned it to keep it from rusting but its a definitive line where it was taped off and looks like anus.

I would think materials would cost around $130+ (base coat dependant) to shoot it. I charge $70 to fire up the gun and shoot stuff. Primer/sealer, base, clear. and figure about 2 hrs into the body work/repair end of it. so another $50 lets say?

$250 or so sound good?

i love those 4 door integras. they look awesome.

doesn’t sound too bad. Cant do anything yet though… need moniez first… lol. Does it matter that it will be going from gloss black to a satin black???

hmm gotta stop posting this shit, im gonna start spending money that i dont have! Hhaha

what do you mean? I know the bike is mostly satin black right? So the tank is/was gloss black and you want to change it to satin to match?

nothing really matters. They sell a matte clear coat, already flattened and ready to shoot (well 4:1 w-hardener) and comes out like a hot rod black or something like that. about the same price as normal clear. Paint goes in the gun and come out just the same. lol You well me exactly what you want and ill shoot it. :number1

I feel yah, I just spent $400 on tires I didnt need to last night too. easy come easy go.

haha especially the paint of the wheels, ive been toying with the idea of painting the wheels for a while. gosh dammit i hate you! lmaoo

I see I am a good saleman! lol

the quality speaks for itself dude!