Paint ?

How long should it generally take to paint a car, no rust, just blocking, mixing paint, painting, wet sanding and buffing. Guy has had my car for 2 months, just questioning his timelyness!

week to a week and a half depending on how much other work he has going on…at least in my experiences. i would definitely start puttin some pressure on him and go down to the shop where its at or call in or something a couple times a week.

Mine took 4 months!!! But I got a “Hook-up” Thats the price you pay for a job like that, costs less money but takes more time. I’d do it again if I had another car to drive around.

Body guys are like artists. The do stuff when they feel like it. 2 months is way to long if you are a paying customer. Is it a color change, with the jambs and everything else matching? I could see it taking up to 3 weeks if you are correct about absolutely no body work, and it was an intricate paint job.

if it takes more than a month-that asshole should owe you money.
id give it a three weeks more then if hes not done ,go get your car off him

In the past, I have agreed to wait to get the work done cheaper. If you have done this, you have to accept that they will only work on it when there is nothing else to work on. If you are paying the normal rate, then you should probably drop by and say “hi”. Don’t go in and fly off the handle, but just ask what sort of timeframe they expect to complete the job. If this were a daily driver, you would be more aggressive about asking for a finish date and if you are paying the normal rate, you probably should expect the same sort of turnaround.

It is harder to say something that a customer doesn’t want to hear when he is tanding in front of you - better than a phone call.

agree on a time frame before hand -always

Its kinda of a deal, not a masive one but a little, but I have asked for a paint paint that was thanksgiving weekend, still no paint on the car, But I see customers cars, come in and go, also I have seen him paint his own employee’s bike before paint has touched my car yet.

I did he said a month I ok’d that but where at 2 now and really dont know how to approach the situation! other then &%%&^%&* my car done!

if you agreed on a month then i would say you have every right to go in there and bitch your head off and should also be given some sort of discount for him being basically a jagoff to you.

I am understanding person, He had a mechnaic quit on him, so he was tring to bounce back and forth, and then got sick, so I could undersyand for some delay, But like I said I have seen multiple cars come in and have front side roof damage that have been completely turned around and I would have a fender blocked for the at week!

id take that shit elsewhere
2 months will turn into 4
fuck him-hes not not an artist-he doesnt have to create anything
just prep/ paint/ finish

Thats what I thought, heres the thing there was no invoice of work, am I legally allowed to show up and remove the car?

If he hasnt touched your car or done anything to it then yea your allowed to just show up and take it. but from a business standpoint id just go in and tell him your taking it and see if he offers to do it cheaper and possibly get it done sometime this year.

He has blocked portions of the car and made adjustments to the doors, and rear clip, so he has some of his time into it.

well technically i think your liable for the work hes done, but hes liable for the time he quoted you, within reason. you didnt happen to get it in writing did you ??

no estimate, nor invoice.

hmmm either way id be down there bitchin… but technically hes done work so your liable for whatever his hourly rate is for what hes done.

I have no problem with that , I am not looking to get anything free, just have the damn thing painted.

Why don’t you try talking to him?