Painted my valve cover....

omg check out the yellow guns… all this time, i thought they matched the car :-p…

LOL the light was weird HaHa

funny, the hood looks reallly white in that light though. :-p…

Yes it was weird, hood was super white, but some how the sun caught the guns and the came out yellow lol

or because it is partially in a shadow… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep lol

Look what I found on autotrader:

Eeeeeesh…

Looks like that was a great idea

hahahahahaha

Yucky. Powder coat FTW.

nice craftsmanship right there

oof!

Wow, I used the same paint on my block. Hope it holds up.

this. lol.

edit: i painted my vc last year too. i wonder what it looks like now? beast?

The Paint only blistered where it was sanded smooth down to bare metal. Paint needs some roughness to bite to. Notice how the paint stuck to where the original coat was (Sides, next to oil cap near timing belt, near timing belt cover, etc…):

This is because the original coat has already bonded to, i’m guess, the casted finish. I would put money on that the surface was too smooth for the primer/paint to grab onto. That’s what made it blistered to bare metal. If it was greasy before the primer was put on you would see splotches of paint missing not the whole thing peeled clean away.

I recently did a exhaustive study on paint types to aluminum finishes for a ruggedized keyboard I designed. The best type of paint to adhere to a very smooth surface was not even paint. It was Epoxy. If the surface was sandblasted or even scuffed with some 120 grit it probably would have never peeled. Again, this is only because the paint is on the very smooth bare metal.

how much is it going for on autotrader. I couldnt find it

should have used etching primer…

I remember that valve cover was basically famous on EvoM

OT, but best valve covers ever