Painting glass

thats what i heard

hell no. Just a normal roof without the ‘awesome’ '80’s sunroof (even though my car is a '92).

vinyl faggot

weld in a patch PJB.

don’t cut the roof off. real talk.

I think it would be easier to just chop it off and weld the new one in. Less chance of warping and there wouldnt be weird hidden seams and the cut out for the sunroof and Id be able to put in a normal headliner.

Not sure if this was said or not…but I think vinyl is your best bet.

It’s really not complicated, I don’t want vinyl, I want it painted. :rofl

Thanks for super cereal response, psi, I’ll give them a ring when the hwhip is done.

Cut it and rivet some tinted plexi-glass!

another vote for vinyl.

If vinyl can 100% perfectly match my perfect, original OEM roof paint then I’ll consider it. Plus, there’s little “bumps” in the tops that I doubt vinyl could effectively cover.

Just leave em alone. T-tops r baller.

Yeah but they’re extra baller when you have the sexy looks of a hardtop but panty-dropping style is attainable upon the release of two levers and placement of glass behind the seats.

looks so much better:

(lol @ license plate, idk wat that is)

http://ca.c.yimg.jp/autos/200907301849/img2.autos.yahoo.co.jp/images/ucar/U/000000/33/U00002180233L.JPG

tint t-tops then paint red parts black so it looks like you have awesome black roof paint job :ahh

that car makes me think of this

http://mortystv.com/showcards/miami_vice.jpg

as in not in the good way

lollllll this is not a suggestion thread for the mr2, I know what I want I just need to know where to get it done.

Same here.

Pretty sure that is a hardtop. Painted T-Tops wont look that good. Use vinyl.

i was just offering a better solution…that will A: look nicer and B: hella easier to do…

… yes, that is clearly a hardtop :lol. I just posted it to show how much better (IMO) the roof looks all one color. I obviously can’t look JUST like that with the seals but it will look better than glass.

A: Off-the-shelf vinyl will look better than color-matched paint of the same depth/clarity/shade of my existing paint? Riiiiiiiight.

B: Not a single thing about my car is “easy,” and that’s why I love it.

Again, thanks to psi2high (and customlowz through FB) for the only helpful suggestions :rofl

noooooo you dont get it…i was talking about TINTING them darker…and painting the RED parts BLACK!!

you dont need to match red with black…lol

THe true facts are that paint will not adhere to the glass. Everything and anything will scratch it and chip it.

you can get color matched vinyl BTW