Pakistan Crisis

A single pank huh? The first trade center bombing or the USS Cole ring a bell? How about the embassy bombing in 98? Same group, all trained

We should be waging war with any country that harbors and supports terrorists like Afghanastan did because history has proven they are plotting against us and if we leave them alone it’s only a matter of time before they have successful attacks.

I agree, we better not get in another Iraq mess. If we pre-emptively strike someone the evidence better be 100%, and we better have a post attack plan better than what we had for Iraq. But to say we should just ignore terrorists plotting against us and hope they leave us alone is only going to lead to another 9/11 or worse.

I guess I see both sides. “Thank you may I have another” can’t be the response to everything, but neither can “OMG INSTABILITY IN THE MIDDLE EAST THEY’RE HARBORING TERRORISTS ATTACK THEM EVERYTHING IS MY BUSINESS BECAUSE I’M AN AMERICAN AND IF I’M NOT DEEPLY CONCERNED ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD I’M A LAZY SELF ABSORBED SACK OF SHIT GAHHHHHHHHHHH”

Happy medium: “Noted that Pakistan’s president is working towards a dictatorship. Back to work.”

:lol:

I guess here’s what I actually mean, because you’re right we can’t just stick our head in the sand:

Me personally: I’m not scared. I’ll be honest: I don’t personally give 2 fucks about Pakistan. I have absolutely no emotional reaction to this. That’s not to say I don’t hope that things work out for them, but I’ve got my own problems.

My opinion on US foreign policy: Less agressive. The whole world’s pissed at us for this Iraq fuck up, so we better behave ourselves for a while or we’ll just bring more attacks on ourselves.

Agreed.

And while I don’t want to see India and Pakistan wipe each other off the face of the earth, I wouldn’t mind a bit of instability in India causing US companies to think twice about outsourcing there. Hate to have critical support in a country that could suddenly go “poof” in a flash of white light.

I thought the thread was going to be about some Paki ripping off Dos.

Fixed. I couldn’t help myself either.