Parents supporting the modding habbit.

To be honest, your post made me feel shitty. :slight_smile:

While I did grow up poor, I honestly hope others do not go through what I had even though I think it made me what I am today (take that for itā€™s worth).

I just hate kids that get everything they ask for without deserving it/working for it. I am not talking about working at Subway or whatever but just something that makes the kid deserving.

Then again, I worked for a car at 16 at KMart making $3.75 an hour and it was the most pointless decision of my life. I should have been concentrating and working on a scholarship. $3.75 an hour or a $10-$30K a year scholarship? Thatā€™s another discussion though.

But, I have no idea these peopleā€™s situations. I am just generalizing.

Who are you to judge what someone elseā€™s kid deserves?

When I started working I made $2/hour, which was lower then minimum wage the year I was born, and I donā€™t have any animosity to those who didnā€™t have to work for it. Some of my friends come from incredibly wealthy families and have gone to ivy league schools(which their parents paid for) and their parents bought them new cars and sent them on trips through Europe, Asia, etcā€¦ These friends of mine are well adjusted, interesting and well learned individuals with more respect for others then most Iā€™ve met, they donā€™t look down on the poor or even criminals the way most do. They arenā€™t carrying the anger and frustration that most of the middle/lower classes possess. When some scumbag keys, their fatherā€™s ferrari, they donā€™t get angry(and neither does their father) they feel bad for the person who felt the need to do that, itā€™s just a car and there is clearly a person who is in a lot of pain and attempted to relieve themselves on the car. Iā€™m not certain I agree with this, but if there were more like this crime and war would be non-existent. Maybe they can be more carefree because money truly doesnā€™t matter, whatever they want they buy, but they also know that buying things doesnā€™t equal happiness. Sharing life and the experiences that it brings with family and friends is the ticket.

The part that bothers me about kids that have their parents buy them expensive carsā€¦is that the attitude that comes with these kids. Timmayā€¦I agree with you to some extent about some kids having a better attitude when they have less stress in their lives because of money. But Iā€™ve dealt personally with alot of shitty attitude kids that have had a money blessed worryfree lifeā€¦and because of that they automatically think they are better and that whatever car they have is better as well. Would I of loved it if my parents baught me a nice car? Bet your ass. But do I love it even more knowing that I have worked hard and baught every single car I have ever owned? Bet your ass twice.

There are bad apples in any bunch, it just seems the spoiled, rich bad apples leave a much worse taste in our mouthes then most. Ass holes come in all shapes and sizes and it seems unfair to bunch groups together based exclusively on the bad examples. Quoting Jack Nicholsonā€™s character in ā€œAs Good as it Gets,ā€ weā€™re not pissed because we had it bad, weā€™re pissed because others had it so much better

I guess I am not one who can. You are taking offense with me disliking undeserving brats get whatever they want?

My point is its not your place to determine if someoneā€™s child is deserving or undeserving.

No clue where I read this a while ago but I liked it enough to remember itā€¦

ā€œI want to give my kids enough so that they can do anything they want with there life, not so that they can do nothing.ā€ Course I butchered it but you get the point.

Iā€™ve always stated my points simply.

I have no problem with the person who made the money.

I have no problem with the kids who share their parentā€™s money if they are grateful and understanding about it.

I do have a problem when somebody got a buck passed down to them and that buck makes them better than me in their eyes.

I dunno if this is a call outā€¦but

K20 Joeyā€¦ fits the title

wow dudeā€¦ thems fightin wordsā€¦

::slight_smile: jealousy and haterade

you should quit drinking the haterade and get over the jealousy

trust me, im not jealous of shit. i HATE the fact that it can be taken for grantedā€¦ blow my new motorā€¦OO daddy can buy a new oneā€¦

I CANT wait til something big breaks/happens and no one will help youā€¦ but of course that wont happen cause ive got ā€œconnectionsā€. get over your 17year old ego. and grow up

uh oh i think i smell a FIGHTTTTT :runaway

when did you grow a set of E-balls?

haā€¦haā€¦ha

big breaks and shit donā€™t happen when things are done right the first time. iā€™m not going to sit here and explain to you my income and how i paid for every part/mod despite free laborā€¦

That statement was not aimed at anybody here, and Joey got a 94 civic and kid works typical jobs of his age, which are probably the hardest jobs he will ever work in his life.

My problem is actually with a certain family who act like royalty around here, and every time something is not up-to their standard they cause a fit.

It would be different if joey was a cocky asshole like most the kids his age that got shit handed to themā€¦but hes not

so why bash the kid if hes not a dick head???

Yah, I have this huge issue with parents handing their kids things that are worth thousands of dollarsā€¦but I can honestly care less if the kid is respectful to people and doesnt act like it

big difference between a cocky kid that gets his shit handed to him, and a respectful one.

That was Warren Buffet, it is a shame more people donā€™t share his mentality, wealth aside, he is an inspirational man and in my opinion the type of person I hope to be.

:confused im curious

ya i agree with travis :ponder