Parking Brake Broke?

Soooo… My car is afraid of getting inspected i’ve decided. It is well past inspection due to issues locating a turn signal bulb socket. i finally got the part yesterday. I’m thinking, finally, I can get this POS inspected.

Well… there goes that plan.

This morning my parking brake became a useless lever. I get into my car, take it out of gear, and start it up. grab the parking brake lever, and notice that it is just there. No tension any longer.

There is still noise coming from at least the driver side rear wheel when I pull the lever.

Anyone that is familiar with DSM parking brakes, and that might be able to lend a helping word of advice, greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the cable snapped. Call Skrappa at the Napa. He’ll get what you need!!

that or the tensioner took a shit on you, pull the boot away from the handle, there should be a tensioner at the bottom where the cable actually connects. and while your down there grab onto the cable with visegrips and yank, if you manage to pull alot of cable, its snapped, but if its hard to pull, and sucks back in when you stop trying, just tighten up the tension.