Parking ticket rant

So I come outside of my gfs appt this morning at 7am to go to work, and I have a plesant surprise on my windshield, a parking ticket.
I’ve been parking in the same spot every night since october ( just up the street from Just Pizza on Elmwood) and other cars as well have parked near me. I find the whole street got ticketed. The ticket states
“BUS RTE NO PARKING FROM 1:30AM TO 7AM” wtf is this shit? I walked up and down the road and there is NO posted signs.
I understand that if it is snowing I park down the street in a lot so the snow plows can do their job, but it was raining all night.
I’m not pissed about the fine, more so the principle, I’m from OP, my gf is from OP as well and she just moved down there a few months ago.

I also got a ticket for “1 missing plate” which is $35, which I did not know they could give you a ticket.
:picard:
Shouldn’t there be a sign somewhere stating this law? Or is this just an imaginary law that I should just “know” I searched Buffalo parking enforcement and found no such law…

stfu it doesn’t have to be posted.

Take pictures and take the pictures to court. Argue that if it’s not posted, you have no way of knowing.

Then how are people supposed to know? I see hundreds of cars parked on elmwood at night all the time

Ignorance does not exempt you from the law.

Parking regulations that are not posted conspicuously are not valid.

“Bus route” or not.

lol@ not knowing you had to have a front plate.

other then that, take pics fight it. or just pay the 25$ parking ticket because court will cost you all of that.

Seriously.

What? You drive to court, you sit down, and you argue your case. I wouldn’t pay that on principle. Parking restrictions have to be posted clearly.

based on sedlmeier101’s previous track record, something tells me there’s a sign somewhere. Wether he cared to read it is another story.

pwned.

lol i knew i had to have a front plate, i just thought the ticket was funny.
As far as a bus route…why have I never saw a sign?
Im sure people from elmwood can chime in on the location of this sign…

they are $35 now

So your cost of a few hours time, likely missing work, and the cost of parking downtown isn’t worth the $25?

I got one on Ashland 10 minutes after the no parking time in the winter beater. They got me for exp reg, no plate, inspec up, and of course the parking ticket.

I just didn’t come here to bitch about my ignorance.

How’d you manage to walk up and down the street with a busted ankle and a “spider bite” cough-herp-cough

lol @ your threads

can anyone find a website that has elmwood ave. parking laws? Or just buffalo parking laws in general?
I cannot find shit.

I was hoping you had died from that monkey bite on your side.

Guess not :frowning:

I don’t work nights, which has been when every traffic court appearance I’ve ever been to was held. I guess I didn’t really consider the differences between different jurisdictions.

fuck you, I didn’t make this thread to complain…if there is a sign on elmwood between Summer and Bryant st then I admit I didn’t see it, but I’m pretty observant of these things, as I have been parking here since November, along with everyone else that parks by me.
If there is in fact NO sign then I should be able to fight this.

You are def observant guy of the year.