"Parking Enforcement" can give out front plate tickets? WTF

So anyone in the city knows those parking ticket assholes with the little pickup trucks, anyway, apparently one of them got me for no front plate on the GTO this morning when it was parked on the street. I thought that was a ticket reserved for real cops, to be given out when you’re actually, DRIVING the car. thats fucking gay. Now I have to go fight it, waste my valuable time downtown, and make up some nonsense.

thats a load of shit if u ask me

don’t bother trying to fight it - unless you have proof there is a front plate on the car. Buffalo judges don’t care.

I was going to say that I was working on the car that night and didn’t finish (ticket was given at 7am), it wasnt driven, and bring pictures of it with a front plate on that I “put back on later that day”

They still may not care. A car in the street, sitting or driving, is required to meet all the regulations. They can give you an inspection ticket too.

Did you park on Blaine?

My car is on Blaine now, I got the ticket in front of my house on Meech and Loring

theres no traffic court in buffalo. and if u want to fight it you go 1 on 1 with the cop and plead your case

I thought the same thing when he gave me a no front plate ticket. I saw the guy give it to me too. What I did to get out of it is just re-register the car (then you get new plates which is $18) and then you just show the guy that you got new plates because the front one fell off… he dropped my ticket. cheaper than paying the $35 I think

go to the parking volations downtown at city hall and say you want to plead not guilty and then they give you a date to come back.

i dont know paying 35 bucks over 18 is almost worth it instead of standing at the dmv for 2 hours

if its a parking cop you go to the basement in city hall and they have people there to fight it

gotcha. i was at canisus last night and i saw your car parked on blaine at ~3ish.

Try saying that there were a lot of bugs on the plate and you put it in your dishwasher to clean it off…

I never had problems when having it in my window… which is strange.

I got one last year with it in the window.

Maybe just put the damn front plate on and stop having to deal with bullshit like this? Oh wait, that would be too easy. :wink:

buying in NC = no bracket.
Ordering bracket = more of a PITA until now.

My dad had the same BS in the Falls Factory outlet mall parking lot. Because it is a “parking ticket” there is no real way to fight it. Kinda good and bad, it’s just a parking ticket, but there is no way to get out of it.

X…

When i lived in lovejoy, i forgot to move my car to the other side before i woke up. Soo next morning I woke up with a parking ticket and inspection ticket. The next day I was on the right side of the road the asshole came by again and gave me another inspection ticket.

needless to say, its not worth fighting. just pay the fines and get a front plate. orrrr dont park where there are parking meter cops.

You dont have to be driving your car to break the law with it. Its pretty silly, but true. Here in henrietta, if you have a car sitting in your driveway without a lisence plate on it, you can get cited for it. There are so many dumb laws floating around out there, it makes me so angry.

–mark