City of Buffalo Street Parking

Anyone know if there is a law against leaving a car on a street and not moving it for a extended period of time? I have been traveling in and out of Buffalo for the past month and using my work car and not my sunfire which is fully registered and insured on a city street. I went out today and its gone. Searched online and found that it has been towed.

Seriously, wtf are you to do when you dont have a driveway?

ur tickets probably racked up and they thought it was abandoned(sp). U need to find someone with a driveway to leave it in

if you don’t have alternating parking i don’t see why it’d be a problem. Does the street in question have a winter parking ban?

No. My street has alternate parking so it was left on Kensington right next to the 33 where it does not alternate. It did have a lot of snow on it but it was a legal vehicle to keep on the street as it was fully registered.

The only logical reason was that it was not brushed off and had the snow last two weeks built up on it. I just am sick of how the city rules are formed around people who do not have jobs it seems. For example, having to move your car to the other side of the street at 4pm Wednesday. Who the fuck is home at 4pm?

ugh, i got so many tickets on meech and hughes for that shit the semester i had a class 230-530. I eventually just started moving it at like noon.

Ya a lot of times late at night I will park where it says no parking and get a ticket and its just my own dumb fault but this one is crazy. I am waiting for someone to pickup the phone at the location where my car is. I usually defend my self but I might talk to a lawyer on this one if they are trying to screw me.

from here on out if its covered in snow just leave it in the canisius ramp on jefferson on the 3rd level, they never check permits

That does suck

I just learned that you can get parking tickets for actual traffic violations…

No front plate, window tint, illegal plate covers…ect ect.

the third level is closed and yes they check the permits.

you might be better off paying to use a friends driveway if that is what it comes down to.

it’s a legit law though. if some piece of shit is parked in front of your house you don’t want that shit there for a month or longer

ew when’d they start doing that shit? this year? I had my extra car there without a permit for months at a time.

they closed it last year. i used to switch cars and would forget my parking pass, thinking nothing of it because 2 years ago they didn’t care. i got a few tickets — grr.

i’m sure no one checks spillman, you could park your car down there for ages.

:tdown:

Let me ask you this though, why keep a Sunfire if you have a new car?

That is weird I’m pretty sure Deathproof kept his one civic off elmwood somewhere for literally months.

Seems strange that they would tow it away if there is not alternate parking. Someone must have complained or something.

Probably going to end up paying more than it’s worth to get it out of impound.

:tdown::tdown:

I have a question… How do they tow a car if it’s in park and the emergency brake is on?

Same way as if it is in gear… they drag it.

cue up repost of the audi