part # for s14 front strut ut + bolt

for some reason, Nissan lists the 2 bolts as the same part #, but one is bigger and thicker than the other! i need the thinner one, with a lump in the middle that bolts onto the lowest hole in the strut.

thanks in advance

ATTENTION Stupid Noob. This section is for Help wanted, as in asking a fellow member for a hand in a swap or brake job.

Post your technical inquiries in the gasp technical section.

Now go back to noobville.

The 2 bolts are the same size. If one of yours was smaller with a lobe in the center, the previous owner probably installed those to correct the camber.

this is really strange, btu the holes for my control arm where the shock bolts in are 2 different diameters, and the same with the shock assembly.

hey Walter, have u changed your front shocks, and were they both a thick bolt & nut? i had 2 thick ones from Nissan, and i couldn’t even force it into the smaller hole, impossible! this is messed…

the part #'s I have from Agincourt Nissan are -

bolt - 40056X
nut - 54040BB

Like i said, these are for the upper bolt out of the 2, but the lower bolt is different.

Marcy - I saw some other dude post a thread for part #'s as well, u better go check the forum again and clean it up better, oh grand moderator :roll:

and gimme back my CD u MOOCH!!! and for crying out loud install that RB motor already!!! JEEZ, it sthe nicest coffee table i ever saw

I’ve changed suspension in 4 different S14’s (3 zenki’s and 1 kouki) and they all had matching bolts/holes.

I just used the original nuts and bolts so I wouldn’t know the P/N’s

hmm i may have an s13 but i have 5 lug and s14 shocks, on my car thy were the same diameter bolts so i dunno what’s up with yours those bolts can be a pain to line up tho ut a little applied force and there were no problems,

that said i don’t use s14 shocks any more and bought sleeves to use my small s13 bolts in the s14 upright in conjuctiion with s13 coilovers…

so i have like 8 of those stock s14 bolts you can come grab, 4 stock ones i jacked from the car i removed the shocks from, and 4 i bought new when i installed them

including mine! yay

including mine! yay[/quote]

Vince’s car, ftw!

hmmm, u mean both lower bolts were the same diameter? this is messed, can anyone post a diagram to make sure we are talking about the same bolts?

i couldn’t even force the larger diameter bolt into the lower control arm (on the lowest bolt).

Heatw, do u have any bolts with a lobe (lump) in the middle?

i would have re-used my bolts, but one broke. i replaced it with a hardware nut + bolt which works, but i’d like to use the proper stuff.

thanx guys, have a good one!

PauL