S13 5 lug swap question

i’m going to finish my 5 lug swap this weekend, i’ve been rocking 4 lug front and 5 lug rear for way too long now.

i’m using the S14 spindles and you’re supposed to drill out the bolt holes in the strut for the lower mount. i read something a while ago about being able to get a collar for the bolts that fits inside the bolt holes on the S14 spindle and basically adapts it to the size of the S13 bolt.

i have been searching around for a while now and for the life of me i can’t find any info about this anymore.

does anyone know what i’m talking about? any idea where to get something that fits for this purpose?

i’m trying to avoid drilling out the bolt holes in the strut, i like to be able to remove my mods if i need to.

thanks in advance.

All you need is steel pipe with 12mm inner and 14mm outer diameter since s14 front shocks mounting bolts are 14mm thick, and s13 are 12mm. You need to insert that pipe in s14 upright 2 holes and cut them flush so you make them the same size as s13 upright holes. This allow you to use s13 shocks and mounting bolts without re-drilling them.
Please let us know where did you found that pipe after you are all done.

just drill the struts easy and then you get thicker bolts

Big Diesel, he’s trying to avoid doing that.

http://www.5lugsleeves.com/