part number for sr clutch throw out bearing!?!

yes. it makes noise when my car has clutch out. wines…clutch in…quiet. i had a shopppp do a clutch install for meeeee… and well lets say it still makes noise.

anyone know what the part number is?

i would love to get a nissan sr one. as i can get threw a friend at brampton north nissan

thanks Team

Chris

pretty sure a ka one is the same, or at least it works.

lol kaaaa stuff on sr!!

ill check into it seeing how i still have my 2 ka trans.
would rather a sr but thanks :slight_smile:

91-96 kade. part numbers for 97/98 are different I don’t know why.
Im using a oem nissan kade bearing with out any issues.

PearlS13, what is the part number for the oem kade bearing? I am asking because the bearing I took out and the bearing I put in with my exedy oem clutch kit were different. It makes a ton of noise now, so I want to make sure I get the right one when I pull the tranny in the next couple of weeks.

I don’t know what the part number is. I do remember that the oem bearing and the bearing that came with my exedy clutch kit looked slighty different. The difference is very minimal and strictly cosmetic tho, the bearings are the same. Call nissan and ask them if the part numbers from 91-96 are the same, if they are that bearing will work.

Alright cool. I guess I just got a faulty throwout bearing. Sucks that I had to wait until everything was back together before finding out.

The 97-98 are different. I can’t remember why … either there’s a speed sensor in the tranny, or something else. It’s the same reason the clutches aren’t interchangeable.

Up to 96 All the TOB’s are the same. ALWAYS use an OEM Nissan TOB. A lot of the aftermarket ones that come with clutches are ass - even Exedy.

Also be sure to change the pilot bushing as well. A lot of people don’t.

wow. “a Ka part on an SR”… that’s the gayest thing i’ve heard.

Just tell them you want a throw out bearing for your 240sx and tell them what year it is. That’s the kind you’d use.

while we’re here…

ca18det throw out bearing part number? or what interchagable? mines horrendous, makes nosie to shit

Well, if you want to feel like a pretend car guy because you get to tell the parts guy you have an SR and go into Nissan and expect them not have their head up their asses …

You can do the above.

Or you could just use a pre-97 KA TOB on your CA.

You’re using a NISSAN part on your NISSAN.