Parting Out 2001 golf

My friend had been driving the car for a few years, it finally died on him. Not even sure whats wrong. Something about the ecu.

The car is a 2001 Golf 2.0, manual transmission nearing 100,000 miles. Has had a lot of recent maintenance. New shocks, struts, battery, rotors, 2 new tires, top end refreshed, and most new suspension components in the front replaced. This was just about all within the last 2 months. The exterior is Silver and has blue interior.

Most parts i can get myself for you. But if you want a motor or transmission your taking it out yourself, i just don’t have time to do it. If you need anything send me a PM i will work on pricing. Working on getting a price if someone is interested in the whole car.

PM me when you have a price for the car whole.

Will do.

An ecu can be had for less than $100 and takes 2 minutes to replace. If that’s the only problem, it’s kind of silly to dump it for cheap…

+1 on whole car pricing?

Manual or power windows?

Also interested in the whole car.

wheels?

Here is the deal, he has had the car for a few years. Went away after he graduated college for almost 2 years to S. Korea to teach. Got back about 5/6 months ago and from sitting has been nothing but problem after problem.

Also forgot to mention the clutch is new with 300 miles on it. All the work was done on the side my the family mechanic. Guy is about to start work again at Geico and is looking for something that won’t leave him stranded.

HE SAID HE WOULD LIKE AS CLOSE TO 3K OBO AS SHE SITS, no idea if he is way high or what. Also M&M has a 03 golf said to still have the ecu in it. If interested send me a PM. If it does not sell in a few days it will be parted out.

• Updated - - -

manual :slight_smile: less things to break.

Except when the plastic cable crank housing brittle’s away! Let me know if this gets parted.

Will do!

I’d be a buyer around $1000. It’s not really worth $3000 running, much less non-running and not diagnosed.

Seconded.

$3k is wayyyyyyy too high

I know, told him that. I will be talking to him about it.

Talked to the owner. Will sell for $1000. If interested I’ll have him contact you.