parts..

hi i m new i am wondering how much would it be for a sr20det engine s13. do i have to buy a tranny for it too? or can i use the one out of the 240 fastback its a 1989 model.

i would like to know the difference between a black and red clip

and anyone have a 1989 240sx crossmemeber ? sorry if these quetsnios are noobie cuz i m new…

-thanks

YEs, you do need a tranny. Search around other Nissan forums, as the numbers for the Redtop and Blacktop motors are different throughout the years. I know Redtop is 205, and the blacktops go from 215 to 250, all depending on year.

Lots of places have 240 crossmembers. Wreckers do and a couple of members may from parts cars. Al’s Auto Parts (SpeedWorks) , 447-3282 has the cross member I beleive and they can also give you info on the engine swap and engines. They are one of our sponsors.

Basic swap is around the $5000 - $6000 mark if you don’t do the labour yourself. Include room for the surprise costs that almost always occur (~$1000). You will probably need a clutch, and blow off valve aftermarket.

Better off buying a front clip in the $3500 range. This will almost guarantee you’ll have all the goodies you’ll need for the swap.

So much info, so little time to explain.

^ I had always thought that there was no difference in the Blacktop SR20DET and the Redtop in the 180sx’s. Only in S14’s+ did the hp rating change… :? not too sure though.

Correct. S13 20X hpS14 22X hp. S15 24Xhp.

hi i m new i am wondering how much would it be for a sr20det engine s13. do i have to buy a tranny for it too? or can i use the one out of the 240 fastback its a 1989 model.

i would like to know the difference between a black and red clip

and anyone have a 1989 240sx crossmemeber ? sorry if these quetsnios are noobie cuz i m new…

-thanks

YEs, you do need a tranny. Search around other Nissan forums, as the numbers for the Redtop and Blacktop motors are different throughout the years. I know Redtop is 205, and the blacktops go from 215 to 250, all depending on year.

Lots of places have 240 crossmembers. Wreckers do and a couple of members may from parts cars. Al’s Auto Parts (SpeedWorks) , 447-3282 has the cross member I beleive and they can also give you info on the engine swap and engines. They are one of our sponsors.

Basic swap is around the $5000 - $6000 mark if you don’t do the labour yourself. Include room for the surprise costs that almost always occur (~$1000). You will probably need a clutch, and blow off valve aftermarket.

Better off buying a front clip in the $3500 range. This will almost guarantee you’ll have all the goodies you’ll need for the swap.

So much info, so little time to explain.

^ I had always thought that there was no difference in the Blacktop SR20DET and the Redtop in the 180sx’s. Only in S14’s+ did the hp rating change… :? not too sure though.

Correct. S13 20X hpS14 22X hp. S15 24Xhp.