Past 2 nights...

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:180,topic:33897"”]

also…he might have the rotating components to handle a big shot, but i seriously doubt that block can handle much for long

[/quote]

LT1 blocks aren’t rigid even when converted to 4 bolt mains. Now if it was filled with Hard Block it might last a little while

wha wha wha

sure if you only go to that track 2-3 times a year, you think logical to talk about who breaks more?
And list everything (half page lists) always wrong with your car, but its not ok for anyone else to have problems?
Having a real shop is 351,425,415,123 times harder to also have a personal performace car.
Fucking around with your dads/your? car, and his garage is the good life. Its pathidic to comapair that, to tring to put food on the table. Doing somthing that is (used to be) personal enjoyment.

[quote=“Studderin,post:182,topic:33897"”]

wha wha wha

sure if you only go to that track 2-3 times a year, you think logical to talk about who breaks more?
And list everything (half page lists) always wrong with your car, but its not ok for anyone else to have problems?
Having a real shop is 351,425,415,123 times harder to also have a personal performace car.
Fucking around with your dads/your? car, and his garage is the good life. Its pathidic to comapair that, to tring to put food on the table. Doing somthing that is (used to be) personal enjoyment.

[/quote]

You do know there is spell check in the advanced post screen I suggest you use it. You just right click and pick the correct spelling of the simple word you butchered

Was he even reading the right thread?

wha wha wha

[/quote]

lol…

“when all else fails, say his daddy bought it”

dude that noise is so old.

dads car?
im not even going to respond to that

dads garage?
we (chuck and i) too pay rent (we just dont have way more space than we want/need)

make a living?
like someone else, i wont name names, who lives with mom and dad. and i also support habit by holding a decent job

food on the table?
i need to do the same.

you say mark breaks mroe because he goes to the track more? in the three years ive known mark, he has had one “successful” trip to thre track without breaking something…

i not once said it wasnt okay to hve problems…fuck im the first one to admit im underneath the hood all the time. that comes when you have 800whp. but when you make claims and have nothing to show for it, thats a different story

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:184,topic:33897"”]

Was he even reading the right thread?

[/quote]

NOT NOW chief, I am in the fucking zone :cry:

pathidic to comapair

[/quote]

pathetic

compare

good god…

wha wha wha

[/quote]

<3

someone understands that customer cars come first.

i understand that, im in the field. but one couldn’t honestly look me in the face, and tell me that in 3 months, a car that is “ONE day away” from racing in competition wasn’t able to be completed due to customer work.

Atleast you guys car race you cars. Mine is sitting in a parking lot ugh i was determined to get really close if not into 9s this season. Stupid war on terror stealing another season from me ugh. LOL this has nothing to do with the thread sorry. Justin i think my dad has my spare nitrous kit if you want it.

[quote=“ablakez28,post:190,topic:33897"”]

Atleast you guys car race you cars. Mine is sitting in a parking lot ugh i was determined to get really close if not into 9s this season. Stupid war on terror stealing another season from me ugh. LOL this has nothing to do with the thread sorry. Justin i think my dad has my spare nitrous kit if you want it.

[/quote]

:headbang:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:191,topic:33897"”]

:headbang:

[/quote]

The Speed Shop has a loaner/spare nitrous kit also

[quote=“J&J,post:181,topic:33897"”]

LT1 blocks aren’t rigid even when converted to 4 bolt mains. Now if it was filled with Hard Block it might last a little while

[/quote]

Hard for me to believe that the LT1 iron BLOCK wouldn’t be able to handle a 250 shot. Thats usually the last thing you worry about…

Considering that LT1’s and many other SBC’s are able to get away with running 125-150 shots on totally stock internal motors.
It just doesn’t seem right?..:shrug:

ive been running a 200 shot on stock internals for three years and umm probably 20 bottles about. LS1 for life

^^ Thats exactly what I mean.

And your LS1 is an aluminum block. And the block is still the last thing you are worried about. Every other thing will melt or gernade in the engine before the block normally will.

So I dont see why the iron block of the LT1 would be any restriction to running a 250 shot

[quote=“ablakez28,post:194,topic:33897"”]

ive been running a 200 shot on stock internals for three years and umm probably 20 bottles about. LS1 for life

[/quote]

That’s because your motor was handed down from god.

Unlike the Maxima…

:redface:

My motor has to blow up next season it simply has to lol i dont know how it survives but it does. B the maxima was operator error and i really miss that car btw. Why arent you on aim i want to talk about dirty man sex with you but we cant do that on here

wha wha wha

[/quote]

you are wrong in so many ways here.

[quote=“CrazyLT1,post:193,topic:33897"”]

Hard for me to believe that the LT1 iron BLOCK wouldn’t be able to handle a 250 shot. Thats usually the last thing you worry about…

Considering that LT1’s and many other SBC’s are able to get away with running 125-150 shots on totally stock internal motors.
It just doesn’t seem right?..:shrug:

[/quote]

Well have you ever seen the inside of an LT1 block? The crank web area is thinner on LT1 block then a std. old school SBC. Why did GM do it? I don’t know maybe money using less cast iron. Once you past a certain level everyone who wants the combo to last will build on an aftermarket based SB, like the World Products or Dart Block.

Also don’t assume because a block is iron like a stock LT1 that it would be stronger than an aluminum LS1. The Gen III GM engines have 4 bolt mains factory, the main caps are much thicker than LT1 caps, the crankshaft is deep within the block structure and the oil pan and caps all tie together as one rigid structure

Yes I have seen the inside of an LT1 block when mine was bare

I’m not saying they are the strongest thing out there. But I don’t think a 250 shot is enough to do them in either.