Paul walkers dead

Oh I know. Even with Roger driving. I love them but they’re such bastards to drive.

One of Rogers friend/employee showed up to the scene right when it happened said they were unconscious but trapped. Paul had his seat belt on but was knocked out from the crash. They unloaded 7 fire extinguishers (employees of the shop) but couldn’t get it out.

Just hope they never woke up after the crash.

Is it true they hit a gas line of some sort?

Not sure, pic i saw posted looked possible but im not sure.

water line.

Gas lines aren’t above the surface unless directly going to the source, or coming from the source.

It hasn’t been proved they hit it tho. Everything says a direct impact with a tree.

Appears to be direct impact with tree then the fire.

I know for a fact there was an above ground gas line at a shopping plaza in Rotterdam because a car hit it and my friend’s brother turned it off before it got a chance to ignite. It made the news a few years back.

Yea, plenty of gas lines above ground for metering and exchanges. I saw a picture of some sort of line. I’ll have to look closer at the pipe.

This makes more sense, new report out. Especially with the caliber of driver Roger was and the fluid seen.

The exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure – very possibly a steering fluid leak … this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained.

Sources connected to Always Evolving – the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas – tell they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn’t have steering control.

Also suspicious – the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is … but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

I feel sorry for the families, right in between holidays is going to be rough forever.

edit- seemed like a genuine good guy, not a dick head off screen like so many these days.

car fires are no joke… especially ones having to do with power steering fluid igniting…

rip.

The car culture’s changed forever.

Think about it. Ricers and the like drive around fast and pissed off around 95% of the time. Now that Paul died, people are going to drive around slow because they are going to have the image of this crash in their heads instead of cars speeding around at 140mph going WAM PSHH.

if the fire was coming from the front, how come the hood and fenders are still bright red?

Among the vehicles in his collection:
E30 M3
911 GT3RS
Ferrari 360CS
Ford GT
R34 GTR
CGT

95 Supra Turbo 6 speed Hardtop (rare as fuck, one of 18)

Pocket change for him, lol.

no steering fluid means no powersteering. this doesnt mean unable to turn the wheel. my 95 m3 had a terrible leak and would do this to me. i was still able to turn though, but…if one wasnt expecting it i guess this could cause a crash. just weird bc a steering fluid leak tends to be slow and not all at once.

Autopsy just confirmed cause of death.

Roger died on impact. Walker died from the fire.

:frowning:

that’s even worse :frowning:

Sad, horrible way to die.