Pauly's 2001 Red Corvette Z06 Thread

Pimp status.

it’s easier and cheaper to just swap the trans with a good used unit.

Eh…

trust me, it is cheaper this way.

Do it right the first time.

Hes putting a stronger trans in it so this is the better way of doing it

def

idk a used stronger trans doesnt really sound like a better idea to me, considering what it may have been thru. cheaper, mayb…done right the first time, eh idk about all that but not my rideeeee

My 2001 has the stock tranny and it holds lotsa power just fine.

Saw this turd going down dunsville on my way home the other day

Looks good pauly!

yes but you’re not mongoloiding the 2-3 upshifts like a heman on coke.

:haha

Yeah, I got all of that out of my system with my 93 Z28 many years ago.

yea i had my t56 rebuilt for bent 3/4 shift fork, replaced everything with d&d parts and viper forks, all for under 500

i assume you brought them the tranny??? where did this take place?

he was quoted WAYYYY over that for just stock rebuild.

ummm goin on 3ish years ago, he coulda had the same person i had do it, our friend frank, used to work at redline and denoyeer, his prive now would prob be 500 if he had to take oujt and install clutch trans possibly plus parts, i cant quote that tho!

woulda been worth it i think had he known that! i would just yanked it all out for him and got it over there. oh well, maybe Pauly will have him go through the 2001 trans so it’s ready for resale.

I would love to have had frank do it richie, but who knows how long it would have taken him, and when he could get around to it…I do, however, know frank would have done an amazing job and taken care of me. Plus, i dont have his number, adam was supposed to contact him for me, but never did. Either way, wayne is my boy and im fully confident that when i pick it up at the end of this weekend, it will be perfect; otherwise wayne wouldnt let it leave his shop. So with either guy, wayne or frank, id be helping out a friend by giving them business and getting a job well done in return!!

Just to have the trans pulled, a stock parts rebuild, and put back in, opitz trans wanted $1300+parts; and all thats wrong with the trans is third gear grinds, before going in when moving. At a stop light it pops right in and its perfectly fine if i start it out in third.

I found a trans out of an 04 Z06 with 40kmi for $800 shipped. Waynes doing the trans swap, clutch, and new slave cylinder for a great price. I also found someone interested in the trans out of my car now, the way it sits, for $350+shipping. So all in all, i was fucked no matter what route i went. HAHA

thats why im doing a new clutch, the clutch i have no technically is fine, but why not put a fresh one in.

thanks man, all in all i love it. Its had its “new to me” car bugs. but i have almost all of them worked out. i live right off of dunnsville, in eldorado acres.

lmao thats me! :number1

Frank wouldve definately fucked you over somehow, either by promising to do it and then not doing it, taking forever or some other way.
He was supposed to do my gears twice forever again. Not even a phone call after he told me he’d take the car the next time.

he does take long if your not ontop of him, and if he doesnt have the time, he would let you know. either way its what ya choose todo, wayne does great work as does frank lol frank just like working on gm’s over ford’s, sorry pjb but adams ur guy for ford help…or wayne now…unless they got that buffing issue out of the cobra!!!:lol