PC Speakers

I need a new set. I currently have 1.5W laptop speakers that you can barely hear 2ft away. I was looking at the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or the logitech z5300 5.1. I would rather have an all around good sound over just bass. The 5.1 doesn’t mean much to me, I don’t have room to put them anyway but they are close in price. Are any of these good or are there any other choices for around 100-150 that sound good.

thanks

I just sold a set of Creatives on here for super cheap…

can I pull a zexaccord, offer you $5 more and you give them to me :x: :D:D:D

Does the THX certified mean anything or is it just a lame ass advertising word that gets thrown onto every hunk of shit out there?

haha sorry, its a done deal. Big Pimpin made out on it.

Honestly it makes a difference if you have the proper setup with properly positioned speakers in the right space it will give you the digital surround sound performance but really…who does that? I mean, its a certification, like Dolby…you could have the speakers be ‘approved’ by 10 different groups and it dont mean dick if they break in a month

this is going to sound a little ghetto, but…

instead of buying PC speakers, I buy a $150ish stereo and run a 1/8" to RCAs to the AUX input.

I’m with you on that one. I have my laptop playing through my home stereo system. But my roommate has Logitech z-640. They are 5.1 and fill the apt with sound nicely.

walmart has altec lansing 2 speakers and a sub for 29 bux sound pretty good and they are loud

if he wants to go that cheap, i have a Creative 2.1 setup he can have for a case of Pepsi.

I would take Altec Lansing over any other pc speaker manufacturer. Creatives come in second, Logitechs blow dick.

If you don’t care about 5.1 and all that jargon might I suggest the Logitech Z-2300?

200W RMS 400W max, 8" sub… I ended up getting this setup for about $60 after rebates, and it’s pretty fucking badass. I have it powered through a SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS soundcard. They’re also THX certified for better sound quality and although I’m not really an audiophile, they blow me away for computer speakers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121122&ATT=36-121-122&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

The rebate I got was from Logitech direct and they don’t have it right now but keep an eye open. I ordered these around Christmas time last year IIRC.

I had a set of Cambridge SoundWorks 4.1 with a small sub and it wasn’t bad, but I def. wouldn’t put Creative above Logitech in this aspect.

Working retail for 5 years, repeatedly listening to every set of speakers that came off a pallet, gave me a pretty good rating gauge. Logitech put out some very ‘unique’ looking systems but in the end ultimately sacrificed quality of sound and construction.

No I see where you’re coming from and I’ve heard Logitech systems that absolutely sucked but the Z2300 changed my mind about that. They’re constructed really well and sound great in all ranges, as well as an mp3 can sound, of course.

excellent speakers by the way. :slight_smile:

Do the Klipsch’s sound as good as all of the reviews say they do? I would rather spend $150 on a very good speaker system that will last a long time over a cheap ass set that has booming bass that overtakes all the other sound.

From what I read the creative’s and logitech’s are like that, all bass and nothing else. I want a nice crisp balanced sound.