pcv valve

ok so looking over for more evidence that my rear main seal was causing an oil leak, and i noticed that at the back of the motor that the spot that my pcv valve was supposed to be was empty and open, well luckily i found the valve on the back of the motor but what i want to know is if this fell out would it cause a pretty big oil leak?

maybe it popped off from excessive blow by, bad rings, in that case, yes.

well last summer my father in law pulled the intake off and some of the hoses with it and i think when he did this it must of came off and it just never occurred to me that it would have. it started to leak oil like a few days after this happened.

it very well could leak the oil . orrrr a valvecover could be leakin , intake could be leaking etc etc .

yea buddy!!! put the valve back in and spray it down with break clean real good. See if the leak returns. I bet you’re gonna be alright.

yeah im pretty sure my plenum pierced the driver side valve cover but not enough to cause that kind of oil leakage. i plugged it back in and took my son for a drive init, didn’t smell anything till i got on it on 29 but just figured that was some oil that had been sitting on there.

ya prolly fine then , besides when i was gonna do it i was gonna make sure it was leaking before i pulled it all apart lolol , i hate doin rear mains

How much oil have you been using quarts vs miles? I wouldn’t worry. Just keep an eye on that dipstick for a while. And just look at it.

well i only filled it with oil once last year i didnt drive it long after i noticed it.