Penguins 2006-2007 Season

Penguins eneded up with the #2 draft pick for next season. Craig Patrick was “let go” as gen mgr. I hope things will turn aropund next year. I wonder who we will select for the draft. Odds are that Kessel will go to St Louis. That leaves Jordan Staal, Erik Johnson, and Michael Frolik. Odds are it will be a debate between Jordan Staal and Erik Johnson. Staal if he can somewhat match what his brother has done will be an insanely awsone addition, but that will be very hard to do considering how dominate Eric Staal is. Erik Johnson is only 18 years old and 6"4" 225lbs…he si susposed to be an awsome defensman…which is something we are in need of.

I wonder who will be the new GM and if he will make good choices. He will have a solid core of talent to start with. I read that Ken Sawer said Terrian will stay for at least next season and if he does not perform as well as the tbn GM wants then he can fire him. As much of a d*ck Terrian was at times I think he is a good coach and we have a decent system in place where when our young talent develops we will be a solid contender.

Finally that brings me to malkin…this kid is flat out awsome. He showed on a few occasions that he is as good if not better than Ovechkin. His style is more of a leadership role than Ovechkin as he can see the ice better and make plays. He will be an awsome #2 line center. I am somewhat confused what our chances are on getting him, sometimes I read chances are slim and other things I read chances are good. I guess time will tell. The only “bad” thing about us getting him is that it will move Malone to a 3rd line center and I think that will affect his development as a star in this league. I would love to see him on the #1 or #2 line somewhere so he is around some decent talent. Oh well I am fired up for next season already and this season hasn’t even ended yet.

malone has no buisness on the 3rd line. they’ll have to put him back at wing and move him to #2 line or something. it’ll be ridiculous for him to play center on line 3. i guess we’ll see though.

Erik Johnson Hands down. We need some real defensemen. Gonchar is going to play well next year as long as we have some people that can cover and a decent backcheck.

yeah im pretty fuckin excited

Agreed, go with the defense.

LETS GO PENS!!

wow so we’ll take another good young player “thats supposed to be the next lemieux” and he’ll suck and then we’ll still suck

Do you have any idea what you are tolking about. Yes we did suck last year, but I am impressed with our young talent. Crosby was flat out awsome this year.He finished the reg season either 5th or 6th in scoring. Malkin has yet to play in the NHL but dominates where ever he plays. I think next year will be a pretty exciting team to watch.

i guess 102points isnt good enough for this guy

didn’t they move to another city yet???

didnt you move to another city yet??? :tool:

They were one of the most improved teams after the olympic break …and how much worse can they get ?

there last good player(crosby) scored 102pts.that was better than mario in his first year

no :confused: