Penn Hills Officer Killed in Line of Duty

http://kdka.com/local/police.officer.shot.2.1353669.html

In case any of you guys haven’t heard or read.

I know stuff like this happens, but it just doesn’t make sense when people are killed doing their job.

R.I.P.

Man , that sucks prayers go out to the family. I didnt think Penn Hills was a bad neighborhood.

Some parts of Penn Hills are pretty sketchy, like just coming out of East Liberty and those areas… Along Frankstown Rd.

The landlord for my shop is good friends with all of the Penn hills officers,being as he has a shop right next to mine with the Penn hills impound lot , there are always officers stopping in to say hi and check things out, i hope it’s no one we’ve met, but that’s an unreal situation to deal with. Prayers go out to the friends and families.

thats horrible… :frowning:

That’s fucked up…

damn. bad week for law enforcement. 4 Lakewood Officers killed, another gunned down (not sure of where), 2 killed in a traffic accident, and a K9 stabbed (also not sure where), and an Allegenhy County K9 poisoned.

this just makes me what to get done with school and into the academy right now.

Mike was in my police academy class. 3rd out of 40 to die since graduation.

Truly a nice guy, far from a “gun-ho” kind of cop.

Zex - what department are you with?

I’m not - happily behind a desk.

Was in Braddock in 2003-2004.

I’m just ready to be done with school so I can start applying for the academy

that sucks prayers go out to the family.

Not good new at all.

I just heard about this tonight. The shooting was .36 mile from my house (I know this because when my mom heard about it she mapquested the distance from my house to where the shooting occured :hs:). This part of Penn Hills is close to Wilkinsburg, so it can be kind of iffy. I didn’t think it was bad enough for this though. I’m glad I decided to buy a gun earlier this year.

So Sad…
I knew him in highschool

sad to hear this, prays go out to family and friends of the officer…

Sad to hear. My mom was telling me about the Last Radio Roll Call they had over the radio the other day. From what I understand it was incredibly emotional for the officers in the department to hear. I can only imagine.

R.I.P. Officer Crawshaw.