Police Brutality in Braddock

This is why I hate the police… all the officer got was “unpaid leave”… gotta love it…

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/14251421/detail.html

what did the guy do to get arrested, maybe he deserved to get beat around a little?

if thats the same guy i think it is(the cop) i went to school with him.

It does not matter what the guy did… the police do not have ANY right to assault the guy unless he hit them 1st… its all on video… he got assaulted for no reason at all… I dont care if the guy told the officer he fucked his mother last night… the officer is suppose to be a professional… I hope the guy sues the shit out of the department and I hope the officer gets fired.

Oh good God. If someone is dumb enough to break into someone’s house, they should get their asses kicked. It’s not like the guy got pulled over for speeding and the cop dragged him out of his car and kicked the crap out of him. The idiot was stealing from people and the cop punched him in the chest and pushed him inside the cruiser. Big deal. Now this low class criminal will be portrayed as some kind of victim. What a load of BS.

I agree he deserved his ass being kicked… but by the home owner… not the police. Period. Im sick and tired of the police doing whatever they want and think its ok.

x2

we forget that that the police actually help us citizens yet people want to make them out to be the bad guy.

I personally agree about police needing to be professional but my lack of caring for scum bags like this asshole and his GF (due mostly from working in that area) makes me not care.

Those fucking people are assholes down there. My buddy’s dad got shot at 3 in the afternoon while driving through on his way home from work because some fucking pussy tried robbing him while sitting in his car at a light. When he refused to give him his wallet the asshole shot him in the pelvic region multiple times. This was about 4 years ago.

Fuck them.

IMO its up to the courts to dish out the punishment. If the guy didn’t start striking the cop then the cop had no place hitting him.

PS. My hotel here in State College has about 200 state cops for a convention. I have never felt so uneasy sitting in the hotel bar as this week. The guys are everywhere.

I think your missing the point… the guy was a scum bag and did commit a crime… he got arrested and will pay for that crime in the court system… that does not mean the police have a right to assault him… its pretty simple. That officer is just as big as a scum bag, he committed a crime while doing his job… all he gets is unpaid leave.

I blame the news station. Should have just deleted the camera and acted like it never happened, but you have to get the ratings, so sell out the people who protect you.

Yeah, I am tired of people thinking the cops are “out to get them”. I give a ton of respect to cops. If they catch a guy robbing someone, raping someone, or anything like that, I could care less if they knock the guy around a little bit or taze him. In my mind, the punishment that the court dishes out is not harsh enough and criminals get like 8 slaps on the wrist before they get any real punishment from our “justice” system so a couple punches from a cop is no big deal. Maybe a cop roughing him up will keep him from doing it again, and then our tax money can go to something useful instead of a 1 month prison stay for some ass who is just going to go out and do it again.

+1

Thats your opinion and thats fine, but that still does not make it right what he did.

x2

Yeah but based on your other statements, the cop has to do everything by the book which would mean that the home owner would then get arrested. You see, it is a two way street. If you went strictly by the book, then this guy would get put in the police car and be taken to the station to be booked and he would be out in a couple days with probation or some other lame excuse for a punishment and then what has he learned…don’t get caught next time?

:love:

No the home owner would not get arrested, I said I think the home owner should have beat his ass, but he didn’t… so if it went by the book, the guy should have got arrested and not punched. Like I said before, its pretty simple… its wrong, the officer should not have laid a hand on the guy. I hope he loses his job, gets criminal charges against him, and hopefully a nice civil suit.

Exactly

Yeah, in a perfect world the cop should not have hit him. Guess what…cops are human beings under that blue uniform. Nobody’s perfect. I’d like to see what you’d do in some of the same situations cops face every day. If your job required that you put your life on the line every day, maybe you’d be a little jumpy too.

Bottom line…don’t break the law and none of this will even matter to you. :cool: