Buffalo Police Brutality?

Just don’t piss off the BPD and end up like this guy:

Geez. I was just about to post how much bullshit that was, and how I didn’t see anything wrong by the officers in that video. It’s so easy for the internet to show off the arrest, but not what leads up to it.

Then, I saw the last 5 seconds, and that cop had no right to hit the guy while he was cuffed like that. Has that been in the news? That is what gets police in trouble, they MUCH tone it back down once the situation is under control. Once you let emotions take over, you risk your job, freedom, and reputation.

I was thinking the same thing watching it. The cops HAD to wrestle him to the ground and subdue him. Then the punch and kick, WTF. I really hope that the “investigation” leads to strong disciplinary action up to and including him being fired. I would rather he just gets un paid suspension and counseling but I would be ok with termination.

Goes with your avatar. :slight_smile:

Based on all the comments I’ve been seeing on the news and FB I really expected more than a couple slaps and probably the lightest kick ever caught on camera.

Doesn’t make it right but I was expecting more of a Rodney King style beatdown based on the outrage.

I like the comments in that video, people complaining that knee strikes are excessive use of force. Let’s put the people commenting in the officers shoes, and let them try to gain control of the suspect without the use of strikes. The only part of that video that is likely excessive use of force is the slap and kick at the end, and like Jay said, it was not that bad. 3 officers saw jail time in the Rodney King beating, but that was many PR-24 strikes after compliance was gained.

Checked out the guys FB yesterday. Tons of weed and stacks of cash. Seems like another gangster wannabe getting what was coming. But yet the slaps at the end were not called for.

For the most part, all I’ve seen are like minded people, similar to the guy being arrested complaining about police brutality and how they hate police. I have zero sympathy for this guy. Don’t turn yourself into a criminal and give the cops a reason to throw you in handcuffs and you won’t have to worry about cops beating the shit out of you when you resist them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the cops action’s at all, but do I think this guy is a victim?? Not at all.

Fuck, sorry for threadjacking this. :frowning:

Can someone split the thread up?

EDIT - Thanks @Onyx_Z32 :tup:

Here is an update:
All 6 officers on leave and one of them, the scumbag that hit a cuffed prisoner, is suspended without pay.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo/focus-in-brutality-case-is-on-3-of-the-6-officers-as-others-are-expected-to-be-cleared-soon-20140429

Thread split.

Well that’s interesting:

The other three officers walked away before the beating occurred and did not witness it, police officials say. They were identified as Officers Nicholas A. Militello, Dennis R. Gilbert and Brian O. Griffin.

http://familyguytalk.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/legacy/cop.jpg?itok=z_9_-q8D

^
lol

Wait, am I going to have to hear about something else on the news for the next 4 weeks other than the whereabouts of Jim Kelly and his family for the Easter Weekend?

Nope. The news definitely cares more about a retired football player with cancer than they do about human rights violations by public employees.

Maybe if they’d stop sensationalizing it a bit I’d give a damn. Throwing around words like “brutality” and “beating” over what was in the video is just stupid. Rodney King was a brutal beating. This is a case of minor excessive force.

And fuck this guy’s mom crying to every news station about the horror of watching her son get beaten. If you cared that much mom maybe you would have done more as you watched your piece of shit son selling drugs every day.

Discipline the cops involved and move on.

While I agree that the cops force was excessive, let’s not forget that this guy did flee from the cops because he had drugs on him and he did initially resist arrest. It’s not like some poor innocent person was assaulted by a police officer. This guy was/is a criminal and deserves very little pity from anybody.

yeah this guy sucks and IMO he deserved it, this wasn’t a case of someone dealing a little weed.

But he’s a good boy

Correct. He fled and he is a criminal. I will not deny those facts at all. I do not in anyway feel bad for this guy. What I do disagree with is a police officer kicking a cuffed suspect. If I walked on that scene and kicked that guy I would be arrested on assault charges. The officer that kicked him has not been arrested on assault charges and he should be. I don’t think that they beat him and this is worthy of the hype, but it needs to be paid attention to as more and more the police are acting above the law. This is specifically the case when it relates to minorities in poor neighborhoods. Don’t believe me? STOP AND FRISK. That specifically was a program aimed at minorities and was a complete violation of their 4th amendment rights. I am going to stop at that so I don’t go into a 10 page rant.

• Updated - - -

Said every mamma of every criminal arrested ever. lol

• Updated - - -

He deserved to be kicked by someone sworn to uphold the law while he was detained and cuffed face down? The police are responsible for apprehending and charging him with a crime. It is the job of the courts to determine if the charges are legitimate and if he is guilty. Then and only then is a punishment to be handed down. That punishment will also cover his charge of resisting arrest and fleeing. The police can not allow their emotions to control their actions.