Pet ALERT! Jerky Treats

I just switched my dogs to this:

Reviews are good and its not that expensive, available at BJs.

I don’t know it if is available in Buffalo, but Fromm is another great made in US grain free food. We rotate between that, taste of the wild and 2 other brands, but the dog really loves the Fromm flavors.

As for the rash/itching it could very likely be a food allergy. My pups litter mates are all allergic to poultry, resulting in a rash/itch but luckily my guy doesn’t seem to have it yet.

I just picked up the blue buffalo wilderness chicken we shall see if they like it or go back to murdering children.

the world has an abundance of kids, hopefully they go back to that.

Sounds like a cure for Newmans barking dog problem.

I’ve been giving my lil guy this http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12143268&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo
Received good recommendations about royal canin food.

My man Bobbbbbb, he’s a fb celebrity.

I first started my pup on the salmon flavor and after a few weeks he stopped eating it. Switched to duck and he can’t get enough of it.

He’s kinda a big deal lol

Yeah don’t worry about the kid you’re about to have.
Dogs>
lol.

I’m late here, but we feed our dog the Canidae. Quality stuff, highly recommended.

I did the Nutro Large Breed for about 3 1/2 years, but Maggie seemed to lost interest. I was about to go BB Wilderness, but tried Bil Jack from a recommendation from a friend. Absolutely loves it.

I might be lucky with my pup, she doesn’t seem to have any issues with food.

Bump.

Been a month now that my dude has been on the Blue Buffalo Basic all grain-free diet and still no luck. All his treats are also BB and grain-free. He still has hives/very dry skin. Called the vet and they want to put him on meds, go figure. I understand it’s cold and that pertains a roll in this as well but it still shouldn’t be this bad IMO and from what I’ve researched.

Any other suggestions?

its possible it could take longer than a month to clear up.

How often does he get bathed?

Supposed to cycle into his system within 2 weeks but thats “typically” from what I’ve read. I’ve been giving him a bath every week since this process if not a week and a half.

Are the “hives” hotpots / ringworm?

Try Lotrimin AF (the stuff for athletes foot). Twice a day for a week. Stop use if he is licking it up and consuming it.

No. He’s had hotspots before under his neck and that went away. This is more hives/scabs that run from the back of his neck to his tail all along his back. You can see the bumps in his fur plus the dandruff as well.

Have you tried shampooing with tea tree oil? Tried maybe using fish based or included food?

I’d try a few different foods even if they aren’t that highly rated. We feed our dog Science Diet which doesn’t get the best score, but she eats it and doesn’t have side effects. Sometimes you have to go with what’s best for YOUR dog and not everyone elses.