Petition to eliminate tractor trailers from The Dragon

Found this on OT. I know these things rarely actually do anything, but its worth a shot IMO.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ikes-law-restrict-use-of-us-highway-129-to-non-commercial-vehicles

Edit: Link Fixed

cant have trucks on the taconic parkway but they allow that shit on a road like that to begin with is just asinine.

I’ll sign it, the tractor trailers are far more dangerous as a whole then the bikers on the dragon.

they are a hazard to everything on that road, bikes, cars and other trucks. They are hazards even on large roads built to acomadate them

I agree if a bike can’t get past one a mini van sure as hell can’t.

SIGNED.

we also need a petition to keep trucks out of the passing lanes on highways when they clearly have plenty of room to return to the driving lane. Shit like that is forcing people to pass on the right which isn’t safe and shouldn’t technically be done either… but when there are 100 retards keeping pace with the truck on the left, and the right lane is 100% empty for a long time… WTF I am going right.

I dont have anything against people trying to make a living, but just like any job, just to it right, follow directions and have some moral respect for everyone else around you.

The problem with a petition like that is that legally if they are doing the speed limit then they have the right to be there (not breaking any laws) and you would be breaking the law by passing. And if they are not keeping speed then the law already says that they need to keep right… but it is not enforced.

lol petitions

Here is the flaw to that logic.

Choice.

They can chose how fast to operate a vehicle; car, truck, bike, moped, horse and buggy. You can choose to obey the speed limits. thats fine.

They can chose to keep the vehicle in their lane; car, truck, bike, moped, horse and buggy. You can choose to obey the law by staying in your lane. thats fine.

The reason they should NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE ROAD is because they physically cant make the travel without breaking a law; failure to stay left & right… wither they want to or not. Take any number of the turns, stretch out a 53’ tape measure, and try to keep a straight line without crossing the center line. not going to happen… and that’s not even taking in consideration the 9’ track width.

Its like saying its ok for me to drive my Carnival Cruise ship on Saratoga lake because its a boat, I have my life vests and I keep it under the speed limit… I shouldn’t be allowed to do so because I cant physically drive it in that body of water.

I wasn’t talking about he original, I was talking more along the lines of what you had said about keeping right on the highway. Hell, I wouldn’t argue with the original… I started the damn thread. Although I may sometimes argue with myself, it is on rare occasions. lol

I follow you man, I was more or less agreeing with ya. Not that I re-read it, I sounded like I wasnt. :tongue

Signed