Petition to Revise Street Racing Legislation

If you’re opposed to this fairly new law which was just ruled unconstitutional last month by an Ontario Court of Justice Judge:
(http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/57533–street-racing-law-ruled-unconstitutional-opp-will-continue-to-lay-charges)
then sign the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/civil013/petition.html

At the time there is over 7000(pretend its 9,000) people signed. (OVER 9000!!!)

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/363/original/over9000.jpg

Signed.

This never works. It’s just a waste of time and internet space. What are we going to do with the petitions?

Trust me, if it worked, I’m sure people would have come up with a program that could sign the petition automatically with a different name and location to quickly get 20,000 people.

I don’t even know why I signed the Dunnville one.

just shutup and sign lol, you wasted precious ranting space on that post, jk

wow. even i have to say you should not be the one to talk in this case

i think scott got pulled over again… LOL

u sure this is a legit petition…just looks like a place to rack up peoples personal info .

I’m too lazy to search but if you can show me a news article from a credible source that showed an online petition actually worked in the past I’ll shut up.

signed

Yes its legit? What personal info? Your first name? You dont NEED to provide an email address.

And LOL Shawn, I didn’t get pulled over again…

sorry i just didn’t agree with the previous wording of the question, anyways…

its not the fact i was debating, its the irony of you complaining about wasted space and time on the internet in relation to some of your posts in the past which some may consider a waste of time and space. Just an opinion that’s all.

my goal of the original post was not to flame you or debate the credentials of the petition but get you to reflect about wasted time aka useless posts.

i hope they keep the law. fuck you losers that think your car is cool driving that fast.

You just wish you could do that.

lol jk, erm, I think everyone thinks his law is :rolleyes: grannies and grandadies got caught going over 150 on our merry ol’ canadian highways, the point is the cop shouldnt have the right to judge and prosecute someone on the road.

Clearly you don’t understand what the law is.

The point of getting it changed is the fact that a cop can seize your car on the road without being presented in the court of justice. It infringes on our very rights of Canadians, law states we are all inocent until proven guilty in the court of Law.

This brings two laws colliding which makes that law unconstitutional.

^ yup. I have no problem with them giving out insane 10,000$ tickets to ppl that speed over 50. But to give cops the power to seize your car and all that without even letting you defend your self is unconstitutional.

If you speed over 50 you should get your car taken away and your license, but through the courts, not on the side of a road. Evidence, being the amount of cops that have abused this law.

^lol you guys are so gullible… you’ve basically said yup and then said the same thing that’s in place already.

The whole traffic law and road law and roads should be revamped all together, its a system made to make big bucks not get us from place to place safely or quickly.

This WHOLE YEAR i’ve used the highway system every single road has been CRAP and under construction and winter is here and its STILL crap… all the newly laid roads have already started falling apart (seriously) and are not even straight… its ridiculous! I know my 240 the way its setup it follows the road so its not a luxury car but… even my family cars behave the same way cause a crap road is a crap road!

It is foot step by foot step, agreeing with the ‘punishment’ is giving in to further growth of such laws. It’s like bait. I absolutely am against the whole law all together. Now, I’ve obviously been in a different environment to have this mentality, what’s that guy on here with the blue autobahn avatar… he gets my point cuz he’s been to germany and around the world. It’s not ‘danger’ or ‘unsafe’ or whatever, its just a bullshit law to make money, roads should be made better and drivers made better… as the cars have been made better. It’s sacrilage to want to put actual speed limits on the autobahn… opposite to here, but at the same time made to make money (lol – bmw, mercedes, porsche, etc… love the attention of new top speeds on the autobahn) I rather have the government spend money on better road infrastructure and driver training.

It feels retarded going 140km/hr watching for cops the whole time with no one around coming from work at 11pm… driving should be based on road and weather conditions (oh yeah… take one good thing and turn it into something else all together… theyve suggested that too but in a way that an officer could pull you over if he deems your driving ‘not suitable’ for the road and weather conditions… another potential bullshit money making law).

Sigh… and I still don’t understand this “OMG you’re going 140km/hr” mentality… do you guys seriously own sports cars?.. I don’t know… I may sound weird to you, but you sound weird to me… if I was driving a fiat 500 50 years ago or something I’d be overheating my car at 80km/hr while struggling from the wind blowing me away but … today’s cars?.. If you don’t feel safe going 120km/hr by all means do your thing and go 100km/hr (lol)… but do it in the middle or left lanes (where you can exit off the highway).

i agree with the above guys who want this law changed its so damn unfair

^ I think you mean right lane. People who do 100 in the hammer lane piss me off, not in the sense that everyone should be a speed demon in the hammer lane, but those who do 100 in it are impeding traffic… and quite frankly it’s just plain ignorant. Just stay in the damn slow lane, you know who you are D:<