Phi Theta Kappa?

I have the opportunity to join Phi Theta Kappa. Is anyone here a member? does it do anything outside of college? (look good on resume, etc?)

is it worth the $60 bucks?

did they mention anything about jams and jellys? if so you should totally join

im not really sure how many employers will look at your resume and be thinking “you were in a fraternity? great! i was on the fence, no youre hired!”

more so joining a fraternity, to me, meant youre not really cool enough to make friends on your own, so youre going to pay some $ and do some new member initiation bullshit to mak eyou look like a fool…so that you can be called their friends. NICE.

its not a fraternity. its an honors club.

on the other hand, i have friends that we placed in great jobs due to their frat… and opportunities from people who were in their frat.

I’m not sure about this one though.

Just another level of networking.

Doesnt sound like this one has any hazing :tdown:

honor society for 2 year colleges, not exactly the pinacle of achievement. there are several large honor societies that are worth it (TBP etc), doesn’t seem like this would be one.

Yeah, save your money.

Its not just for 2 year schools, but it is a waste of cash. The only thing that my gf got out of it was dinner

IIRC employers like to see more than just school shit on your resume.

anything extra makes is good as it shows you can be a diverse worker, not some book smart dude.

operating member of frat + good grades > good grades.

not gonna lie, I’ve been given great opportunities because of being an incredibly social person, and being friends to everyone. Its not ass kissing its opening doors for yourself

youre not incredible in any way/shape/form

so I see that you lie to me when you are trying to sleep with me. Never again… never again… let me guess you don’t love me either… man this is going to be a rough day :frowning:

uughh dont do it…you will never be greek unless you were born in athens

Got myself the interview with Goldman Sachs since they came to the school specifically looking to meet people in the Phalanx Honor Society. I’d say it was worth it.

Think you get a discount on Geico insurance if you’re part of it, tbh.

Professional Organizations > Frats.

I’m in 2 for my major, including 3 different associations for tech ed, so my resume will be far from bland.

IMO it’s a good idea.

I ended up doing it. Just found out that being a member waives my $50 application fee to RIT, so total cost is only $10. and if I get accepted into RIT I get a $2k scholarship for being a member.

Plus I have something to put on my resume, I dont participate in anything otherwise, which I need to actively pursue in the future.